It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

HTC One M7 + Android 5 Lollipop?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One (m7)

HTC One M7 + Android 5 Lollipop?

Post by netripper » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:05 am

I have a fully functional setup now with my HTC One M7, Android 4.4.3 and rSAP using this awesome app. The car I'm connecting with is a VW Golf 7 with premium media.

The HTC One (Sense) Developer Edition just had it's Android 5 Lollipop OTA update pushed last week. I'm hoping someone has already updated and can tell me if rSAP is either working out-of-the-box or if android-rSAP will work on Lollipop for the HTC One M7.

Anyone?

I'd hate to have to find out the hard way and possibly having to flash back to 4.4.3. Especially if someone else has already tried and can share the result ;)

Re: HTC One M7 + Android 5 Lollipop?

Post by netripper » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:05 am

Took a leap of faith and installed the OTA update to Lollipop 5.0.2 (7.17.1540.7).

Applying the OTA update failed the first time with a nasty 'red triangle with an exclamation mark' scary situation. I've uninstalled SuperSU (via the app itself) and uninstalled android-rsap (also via the app itself). After that the OTA applied without problems. It probably found something it didn't like. Not sure if it was the root or rsap.

Result is that rSAP is working out of the box. Did not need to reinstall android-rsap anymore.

Post by micmaster » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:54 pm

Hello,
I tried to update, but although I did uninstall Super Su and rsap app it did not work. When updating the twrp started and then i did not know what to do....
thanks for advice!
Regards
M

Post by netripper » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:03 pm

micmaster wrote:Hello,
I tried to update, but although I did uninstall Super Su and rsap app it did not work. When updating the twrp started and then i did not know what to do....
thanks for advice!
Regards
M

You can only use OTA updates if you have the original recovery installed. OTA doesn't work with TWRP or other custom recovery. Search on XDA-developers for a list of original recoveries and their downloads.

Return to HTC One