Audi RSAP

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One (m7)
Ivanello
Re: Audi RSAP

Post by Ivanello » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm

Thank you so much! Will try. You did perfect job for the rSAP protocol which work. Now wonderful phone has this extremely helpful function. This is specially useful for them who has thermal protected glasses as they drop antenna signal inside of the car. Mostly you can see that not in the city but on the highway. So the car's antenna correct that.

davidman

Post by davidman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Right, I've installed version 2.3, and Audi now recognises by Trickdroid rooted HTC One as Car Phone, go into Navigation and accept the Data Connection BUT no google maps.

So seems a lot better than 2.2, but at least for me, the data connection aspect supporting google maps seems to be struggling - has anyone else got Audi google maps working via 2.3?

Thanks
Davw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Can you please check if it works if you put the SIM card in the car's slot (if possible)?

AudiDroid

Post by AudiDroid » Sun May 05, 2013 6:45 pm

I have managed to root my HTC One and then managed to make it work with rSAP using the ZIP based files. The official installer did not work.

I then installed the Trial rSAP software and managed to make it work with the Audi MMI 3G Plus system. Voice works via handsfree and data services such as Google Maps, etc., operate from the dash unit.

Do I uninstall the Trial software before purchasing the Full version? Or do I install the Full version alongside the Trial version? Or do I install the Full version and then uninstall the Trial version?

Any suggestions on which order the install/uninstall is performed would be appreciated!

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 05, 2013 7:03 pm

You should uninstall the trial version, the full version will remind you in case you don't. Else there is nothing special to do. You don't need to redo pairing or whatever.

davidman

Post by davidman » Sun May 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Right, solved no data connection.

Audi defauts the incorrect APN (happens on my wife's S3 too) on Giffgaff. When I manually went into the Audi APN and updated to Giffgaff (rather than O2), Google data connection comes to life.

Many thanks - am purchasing full version.

uktivo

Post by uktivo » Fri May 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi Admin..

Im trying to manual install the zip files but im struggling to complete the task.

I have a rooted HTC one..
Ive downloaded the zip files to my PC..

I have seen the recovery section of my rooted HTC one before and I know how to boot into it.. but how do i get your software onto my phone please?

Any pointers would be very welcome.. this HTC one is a beautiful phone but boy is it crippled in terms of what you can and cant do with it..

thanks...

uktivo

Post by uktivo » Fri May 17, 2013 1:52 pm

HI..

I've figured out how to install the files. I loaded the zip files onto my phone into downloads. I then rebooted into recovery on the phone and picked the zip file to install. The phone went through the process and said completed.

I then rebooted back into the OS but I couldn't locate the rSAP program. I tried to link to the Audi A7 and it is saying handsfree only..

Have I done anything wrong?

===========================================
UPDATE:

OK, yes I did do something wrong.. I forgot to load back in the rSAP app from Google play. DOH.. Anyway. I know have a fully working rSAP connection with my HTC one and Audi A7. Thanks for this.. I just purchased the app.. worth every penny.... Now.. I still have my contacts list to sort out (see below) any help or pointers for this please?

============================================

Also.. as a second question / observation. I have contacts from three different sources (exchange, Google, Linkedin) on my phone. I've had zero luck getting the contacts to sync with my car. I used your IrMC phone book app.. then when I got a message asking to allow sync of my contacts, i chose no. When I looked at the car, three contacts had sync'd (3 contacts I've never seen before, but at least something was there).
Again, am I doing something wrong?

Any help please.. this phone is driving me bananas.

UPDATE:
OK.. All sorted now, thanks to your fantastic work and apps.
I re-read your section about the test for the phonebook.. I then realised, the tree contacts I saw were in fact the three you use to show that the software works.
Hey presto. Purchased the full version and powered up the quattro and it works like a charm.

I know have a fully functioning HTC one with my Audi MMI A7 system.

MONEY WELL SPENT.. thanks.

Ivanello

Post by Ivanello » Tue May 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello Admin!
Now it is already approx. 1 month of usig HTC one with yours RSAP on my Porsche.
It works fine. But just one issue. Sometimes it is difficult to pare PCM with the phone by SAP. PCM try to get by the HFP instead of rsap. In this case it is necessary to switch off PCM, close application of rsap, close bloetooth. Then start them again and start PCM again. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. But always after 1-3 times I get rsap connection.
What is the reason? How can you fix it?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Maybe it is the old problem that Android kills the rSAP service just seconds before you want to connect to the car. This leaves you without rSAP up to half a minute. In my VW you can manually switch to rSAP and everything is fine again, I don't know if this works with your PCM, I have a PCM without Handsfree. I hope I can fix this issue with the next version by starting the rSAP service as "foreground" (with a permanent icon in the notification bar).

But maybe it is a different problem that I also experienced in the recent days. I currently don't know if it only affects my current test version or if it is already contained in the published version.

Return to “HTC One”