Test App

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One (m7)
drlbg

Test App

Post by drlbg » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:58 pm

I tried the Bluetooth Phonebook test app using an HTC One. Car is a 2013 Audi A6. I have decided what to do next, but how to I delete the "dummy" contacts that were transferred by the test. If these did transfer, does this mean that the full app will work?

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Test App

Post by admin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:54 am

I must confess I'm a bit unhappy with the test app, because it only supports the "IrMC" part of the full app, while most users have problems with "PBAP". But if the app showed the 3 dummy entries in your car the app will surely help you. The dummy entries should get replaced with the real contacts after the full version is installed. Don't forget to uninstall the test version.

drlbg

Post by drlbg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks for your reply. Am I right that I need only the Phonebook App to allow my contacts to transfer?
Are there any risks? Can I remove the dummy contacts if I decide not to proceed with the full sapp?

Thank you.

drlbg

Post by drlbg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:08 pm

One more question. For the Bluetooth Phonebook the compatibility says: "..If you see a "Bluetooth Share" app and you see a "BluetoothPbapService" when you touch the app your phone should be compatible..." On my phone is see the following: Bluetooth Share under process not the one mentioned above. However I do show the BrcmBluetoothServices on my phone.

Am I right that since I did transfer the dummy contacts that the latest version of the Bluetooth Phonebook app is all that I will need and not the other of your applications. Sorry for so many questions, but I want to be sure.

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm

The full app supports two profiles:

"IrMC" which is contained in the test app and showed the three dummy entries. This works on every phone. IrMC is only supported by VW, Audi and Porsche.

"PBAP" is the most common profile for phonebook transfer. This is already contained in all (?) Android phones, but in most phones it has some bugs that prevent proper data exchange with the car. My app kills the built-in PBAP and replaces it with a version with less bugs. This does not work on every phone but should work on a HTC One. PBAP supports incoming/outgoing/missed call logs.

Long story short: with my app you will at least get the contacts via the IrMC profile (you proved this with the test app), but most probably PBAP will also work for you.

drlbg

Post by drlbg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:44 pm

CAn I install the PBAP app onto the Stock HTC One....or do I still have to root it?

Thanks again for your responsiveness. It is appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:18 am

No root required for the phonebook app. You simply install it and run it once.

drlbg

Post by drlbg » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:49 am

Today I purchased the Phonebook App...installed it on my HTC One. I deleted the pairing from the phone and the car. Then I re-paired the phone. Went to the MMI Memory and downloaded the phonebook. Eureka!!! It worked...all contacts came over....including all the call logs, including received, dialed and missed!!!

Awesome....thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:46 am

That's how it's supposed to be 8-)

Return to “HTC One”