It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:13 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

MOTO X compatibility?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on Motorola phones

Re: MOTO X compatibility?

Post by eagleCS » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:58 pm

admin wrote:I don't know. I only guess that Motorola removed rSAP from the radio software. So far I did no further research where exactly things go wrong.

I am a layman, but you can not add the "rSAP module" into software radio? ..sob! :(

Even contacting the team Cyanogenmod?

Post by admin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:07 pm

The radio software is done by Qualcomm and is a 45MB binary completely made from closed source. CyanogenMod uses whatever is present on a phone, they don't have their own radio software.

The funny thing is that when you peek into the Moto G and Nexus 5 radio, the SAP functions seem to exist in both. So maybe it is possible, but I'm doing something wrong? I'll try to further track down why it really doesn't work, but it may take some time with no big hope of success :roll:

Post by eagleCS » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:47 am

Thank you for your explanation ... :cry:

Post by eagleCS » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:14 am

Motorola Moto X
Stereo Bluetooth® Class 2, v4.0 LE + EDR.

Profile Bluetooth supported :
A2DP,
AVRCP,
BIP,
BPP,
DUN,
FTP,
GAP,
GAVDP,
GOEP,
HFP,
HID,
HSP,
OPP,
PAN,
PBAP,
SPP

It's truly AMAZING that Motorola have disabled INTENTIONALLY only SAP :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post by admin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:04 am

Yesterday I received a mail from an LG G2 owner who asked LG support about rSAP. The answer was that the G2 doesn't support rSAP :shock:
Seems LG enabled it unintentionally...

I can only guess that Motorola disabled rSAP because it has a bad reputation that it causes a lot of problems. But from my experience I can say that it works quite well. The phonebook transfer is causing a lot more trouble and nobody drops it. Another reason may be that rSAP is not supported by any American car. So the average American engineer doesn't know what it's good for.

Funny that many Chinese phones have rSAP inside (although not working very well). Does VW sell a lot of "Premium" phones in China?

Post by eagleCS » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:32 pm

I purchased the Moto X... Amazing smartphone much better than the various Nexus4-5.
I will not rooting .. so rSAP does not work ... bye bye rSAP :cry: :cry:

Now I have to buy a simple bluetooth cradle for my Mercedes :cry:

Post by eagleCS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:43 am

I finally made the root to my MOTO X. If I can be of help for rSAP you have only to say.

I know the problem is in the software radio but maybe one day be able to solve...

Hi

Post by admin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:55 am

If you like, please use installer and trial version from here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1379#p8273.
Simply run the SIM check in the trial version after installing the system file and report the results. Thanks.

Post by eagleCS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:00 am

admin wrote:If you like, please use installer and trial version from here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1379#p8273.
Simply run the SIM check in the trial version after installing the system file and report the results. Thanks.

I bought the application at the time of Galaxynexus, I installed the full version.

Check SIM Access = X EXCEPTION

(Moto X XT1052 Android 4.4.4 root with Supersu and TWRP)

Post by admin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:34 am

Exception? No further information? Did you run the installer app? Please use both installer and trial version from the link. They allow more detail in the diag output.

PreviousNext

Return to Motorola