It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Motorola Razr HD (xt925)

Discussions about running the rSAP app on Motorola phones

Motorola Razr HD (xt925)

Post by texdo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Well, the subj (German retail version, 4.1.2., stock rooted rom) vs. Audi A8 2010 (MMI 3G+ with online services).
I istalled trial version of the app some time ago but decided to root the phone only today just to try the app. So I deleted the previous connection both from the car and phone and started pairing. Surprisingly it worked - the phone was found as "car phone", contacts were transferred. Car's online services also run - google earth, info from audi connect menu. Phone's apps which require internet connection, got it via wi-fi from the car's router. No 4G supported by the car, of course, but enough speed for Audi music stream phone app with internet radio.
In approx. 10 min. BT connection to the car aborted, had to reestablish it. Then again. The app wrote that trial period was over, maybe this was the problem. Now trying to buy the full app version but cannot do that as the market considers the app incopatible for the phone. Dear admin, is there any solution for the issue?

Re: Motorola Razr HD (xt925)

Post by admin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Oh, this seems to be one of the many Qualcomm Snapdragon phones. NIce that it works! Can you please mail me a "main" log?

I blocked some phones in Google Play Store to avoid problems, I'll unblock the Razr HD in a minute...

Post by texdo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:59 am

Thank you, bought the full version, try with logs today.

Post by texdo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:12 am

Logs mailed. Never tried to create them before so if some mistakes please inform.
With full version of the app everything seems to work OK - calls, internet data connections, web radio from the phone via wlan-mediaplayer, etc. All app settings are unchanged. Found only a problem with outgoing sms - cannot send them from MMI. Incoming sms are seen and read. Today I'm going to try your sms plugin.
Thanks for the app ;)

Post by admin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 am

Logs are fine, thanks a lot. I'm puzzled a bit that everything works except sending SMS. Perhaps you have to manually enter the SMS center phone number somewhere in the car? I'll take a deeper look at the logs later, as far as I remember the SMS center number should be stored on the SIM card.

I'll move this thread to the new "Motorola" forum.

Post by texdo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 am

There is a sms center phonenumber in the MMI SMS settings, I didn't input it, seems that it has been grabbed by MMi from the phone. I tried to find other MMI settings about sms, but nothing more, especially about outgoing messages.

Post by texdo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 pm

The SMS plugin doesn't help, still no sms from the phone in the MMI, sending while in rsap mode is impossible. I don't use them very often so it doesn't ruin good impression from the app :)

Post by admin » Sat May 04, 2013 3:13 pm

I took another deep look into your log file. It seems your SIM card does not have the SMS service center number properly stored on it. Perhaps you can ask your provider and manually enter the number in the car?

Post by texdo » Sun May 05, 2013 8:05 pm

It could be. But the SMS center in MMI's settings is the same as the phone has. I guess it was automatically copied to MMI from phone while pairing. When I used the trial app I had no problem with receiving, only with sending. With full app version nothing changed. BTW, all SMS received in the car using your app are stored in the sim card memory (not shown in the common SMS list, can be found only through SMS settings), unlike all others received in the usual way and shown in the SMS app of the phone.

Post by admin » Mon May 06, 2013 7:44 am

The problem is that Android stores all incoming SMS in an internal database where the car phone has no access. Some car phones store SMS on the SIM card, others also use an internal memory. When it stores the SMS on the SIM card my plugin tries to forward them to the Android database (which doesn't work very well) . When it stores it in internal memory there is no way to transfer the message to Android.

Long story short: SMS is not working as it should...

Next

Return to Motorola