S4 VW Premium Phone Issues

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV
grantw

S4 VW Premium Phone Issues

Post by grantw » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:58 am

Hi,

I'd be really grateful if anyone can help me with the following issue I have (I'll give as much info as poss so apologies if some of it is not relevant!)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I'm trying to get it to work with the premium phone system in a 58 reg vw which has the RNS510 system.

having read some of this site I'm not sure what the issue is but....

Phone and vw seem to pair successfully for a short while then after maybe less than 30 seconds the bluetooth drops out and the rns510 starts to search for the previous device profile (or the default profile - it searches for nokia 6300idt profile and I've no idea what that is!). The display in the car shows my user profile connected with full vodafone signal then a pop up window in the display says something like ' no bluetooth user connected' and then begins another bluetooth search (for the nokia profile). When it can't find that, it just no says no devices connected and prompts me to begin the search process all over again.....same result. I've managed to make a quick call in the 30 seconds it is connected and it works fine but then it cuts the phone system off.

Regarding the phone - When I get in the car my S4 alerts me that its going into remote sim mode. Then I get a text message from vodafone saying - "it looks like something's changed - either you've swapped your SIM or updated your software. If you want to use the internet on your phone, you'll need to update the settings. We'll send these to your device shortly....Then I get a configuration message with browser settings to download. (I guess this may be irrelevant but worth mentioning!)

The (firmware?) version I have is 19505XXUDMGG.

Can anyone shed any light on why I can't maintain a connection?

Many Thanks...

admin
Site Admin

Re: S4 VW Premium Phone Issues

Post by admin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30 pm

The Vodafone message arrives while the phone is already connected to the car or after you leave the car? Is the disconnect happening when the message arrives?

One cause of trouble is always the phonebook. Did you get a request for phonebook access on the mobile? If yes, redo the Bluetooth pairing and deny phonebook access. If the connection now is stable, the phonebok transfer causes the problem. Then you may try my phonebook app, maybe it fixes it.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505”