CyanogenMod 10.2 Support

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV
Shrek

CyanogenMod 10.2 Support

Post by Shrek » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi,

I know that the S4 supports rSAP out of the box but with their latest MH8 firmware (for the UK at least) they have implemented some fairly severe restrictions on the phone, one of which is locking the boot loader (so no option to downgrade) and it appears that the SELinux status is now enforcing. Those things combined, along with, Tasker not being able to do things it previously could led me to CyanogenMod 10.2 where Tasker now works as before and I am happy with things again.

However a big problem (for me at least!) is that rSAP, as far as I am aware, is not supported out of the box by CM10.2. So having read the post for version the 2.3.1 release I thought I'd post a request here for you to support CM10.2 / 4.3 with your app.

I may be the only one but if it works, I'd pay for it. :D

admin
Site Admin

Re: CyanogenMod 10.2 Support

Post by admin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:15 pm

I don't remember which CM version I checked, but it worked. The problem with the stock ROM is still that I don't know how to disable the built-in rSAP. CM does not have a built-in rSAP, so there are no problems. CM 10.2 already includes the creation of a full "SDP record", so there are no problems with the Audi, Mercedes, etc. car phones.

Shrek

Re: CyanogenMod 10.2 Support

Post by Shrek » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:37 pm

:oops: - It was user error.

I hadn't followed the installation instructions and simply went and installed the trial app. Checking back on the installation instructions I saw that I was supposed to have installed/run the installation app first.

The trial is now showing that the system files are present (probably should have mentioned first that this was the issue) and I am guessing will work perfectly. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but if all is well there will be another sale shortly! ;)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505”