SAMSUNG S4 Mini GT-I9195

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV
masagrado

SAMSUNG S4 Mini GT-I9195

Post by masagrado » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Good afternoon. I bought a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 and I am trying to link it to a VW Golf. Mobile is new, Android 4.2.2 and rooted.
I downloaded the applications SIM Access Profile Bluetooth V2.3.3 and Bluetooth Phonebook (Trial) V1.1.5 with PBAP and IrMC enabled.
The mobile phone is linked to vehicle VW, after entering the 16-digit code, but the vehicle gives the message "Unable to Connect". Mobile bluetooth is actived.
The state of the application screen rSAP V2.3.3 is:
Bluetooth State Not connected
SIM State Normal Phone Operation
rSAP Active
I think just need some little detail to be connected to the vehicle, please someone can help solve this problem?
Do you have some hints for me?
Thanks in advance.

admin
Site Admin

Re: SAMSUNG S4 Mini GT-I9195

Post by admin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Please try again with version 2.4.1 of the installer app. Before 2.4 my installer app couldn't disable the built-in Samsung rSAP.

masagrado

Post by masagrado » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:40 pm

Dear friend, today I installed the 2.4.1 version of Bluetooth SIM Access Install app. and the phone is linked to the vehicle, the phonebook is available in full and the system works properly.
Thank you very much for your attention and help.

masagrado

Post by masagrado » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:31 pm

I have noticed this morning that the entire mobile contact list, only appear in the vehicle contacts that are stored on the SD card. All contacts with WhatsApp and device icon (blue mobile phone) do not appear in the list of car VW Golf.

I exported all contacts to the SD card (storage/extSdCard/Contacts_001.vcf) and continues going the same.

Do you could give me some advice to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:07 am

I'm quite sure that there is no relationship between the transferred contacts and what you store on the SD card. The contacts are always taken from the contacts database. But I must confess that I don't fully understand why some contacts are transferred and others not. You may try to change settings in the contacts app.

masagrado

Post by masagrado » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Indeed the problem was in the configuration of the car.
The solution was: with mobile phone connected to the car enter Menu - Settings - Guide - Update - OK.

The message on the screen of the car will be: Loading the Phone Guide (X entries). Loading Phone Book (wait)

Thanks and best regards

mikk

Post by mikk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello. I bought a new Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 and I am trying to link it with VW Passat 2009. Mobile is with Android 4.2.2 and rooted. Vehicle was previously used with Nokia 703 and rSAP, with the same SIM card, no problems.
I installed rSAP Installation App 2.4.3, rSAP (Trial) 2.4 and Bluetooth Phonebook (Trial) V1.1.5 with PBAP and IrMC enabled.

VW start linking, phone asks 16-digit code and after that:
- Phone start rSAP mode, I can see VW in BT paired devices. In rSAP I can see Bluetooth State "VW", SIM State "SIM access active". Looks good, no error.
- VW waits 10-20 sec and then show message "Connection failed", returns back to find device - vehicle is not paired with my phone.

and after that rSAP mode on phone is closed, SIM State is "Normal phone operation". The same when I try again..

Her are the log files:
https://db.tt/elJ2pz2M
https://db.tt/WllE3zPP

I tried it several times, always with the same result. I tried it also with Samsung build-in rSAP (new phone out of the box) and I will get error "Connection failed" from VW immediately after I confirmed access to the SIM on the phone. Phone looks like connected, no error.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong? Thanks..

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:46 pm

This sounds like the usual phonebook problem (see also http://www.android-rsap.com/faq.html). Simply install the trial version of my phonebook app and check if it helps.

My app should not be necessary on an S4 mini.

mikk

Post by mikk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 pm

On my S4 it was not a phonebook problem, because car was not linked successfully. The phone was linked, but car doesn't. I tested it with phonebook app - the same result as without it. It doesn't work with samsung original rsap either with your rsap application.

So the final solution for me is sell S4 mini and buy S3. With S3 it works like a charm with your phonebook and original samsung rsap (so I installed only phonebook, without root). Without your phonebook I was not able to sync phonebook (No error, but contacts was not saved at the end of contacts reading).

Thanks..

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:29 pm

I now checked your logs. It looks like your SIM card does strange things. I don't understand the details, but it seems the car phone is not happy with the SIM card's rsponses. So it resets the card to try the GSM mode, but that doesn't work at all. Sometimes cards work in one phone, but don't in others.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505”