It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:58 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

S4 Android 4.3 Audi A7 2014 Model can't connect

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV

S4 Android 4.3 Audi A7 2014 Model can't connect

Post by legi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:04 am

Hi
Is there a chance that your App will solve this?
I have a Swisscom SIM (brand new replaced). I have a S3 & S4 phone. The S3 works fine. The S4 connects with the car and after a couple of seconds it disconnects.
Is there no chance to run that App without root?

thanks
Peter
Audi A7 Model 2014
Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 and S4

Re: S4 Android 4.3 Audi A7 2014 Model can't connect

Post by admin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:58 am

There is no chance to run my app without root, at least I couldn't find a way. It would be a security problem if it was possible...

Maybe it's not rSAP that's causing the abort. You may try if my phonebook app (trial or full version) helps. A disconnect after a few seconds may be caused by phonebook issues.

Post by legi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:03 am

admin wrote:There is no chance to run my app without root, at least I couldn't find a way. It would be a security problem if it was possible...

Maybe it's not rSAP that's causing the abort. You may try if my phonebook app (trial or full version) helps. A disconnect after a few seconds may be caused by phonebook issues.

Thanks for reply. The Problem seems to be that with Android 4.3 Samsung is making root/unroot more tricky so I will try all other possible solutions before I root.

In the PBAP Section you say that the S4 is not working with this App correct?

In the new V4.3 I have an new menuepoint in BT for rsap this occures for a few seconds that with the disconnection it goes away. Seems that somewhere there the Problem is located.
About a year ago you sent me a SIMfix plugin which solved a problem with the SIM card but I think as the S3 Android 4.1.2 is properly working.

cheers
peter
Audi A7 Model 2014

Post by admin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:58 pm

The phonebook app should work with the S4. Where did you see the information? I should update that... Anyway, you can simply try with the free trial version. You can't break anything.

It's difficult to find out why the connection aborts. If the SIM card caused problems in the past maybe it causes them again with the S4? Do you have a different card to test with?

Post by legi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm

admin wrote:The phonebook app should work with the S4. Where did you see the information? I should update that... Anyway, you can simply try with the free trial version. You can't break anything.

It's difficult to find out why the connection aborts. If the SIM card caused problems in the past maybe it causes them again with the S4? Do you have a different card to test with?

I read this (maybe i misunderstood it.

Samsung
Samsung phones should be compatible up to Android 4.1.x. 4.2.x (Galaxy S4) may not work!

here
http://www.android-rsap.com/bluetooth-phonebook.html

cheers
Peter
Audi A7 Model 2014

Post by admin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Thanks. Did the phonebook app help with your problem? Maybe it's possible to create a HCI log without root, at least Android 4.4 has the option in the developer settings for everyone. I'll check that.

Post by legi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks for your support. Couldn't check it now. But will do this in the next days. I will also do a complete reset of the WLAN, BT an Tel. settings in the car.
cheers
peter
Audi A7 Model 2014

Post by bodameco » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:05 am

I think I have the exact same problem you describe.
I recently swapped my VW Premium bluetooth module for a new one with Wifi built in (3C8035730D - NOVERO HT-5) and now I can only connect my S4 for a few seconds before the link is dropped. To be able to connect again, I have to turn the ignition off.

I'm using the stock android from Samsung (cannot root because of warranty) and the Phonebook app to make sure there are no problems with the contacts sync.

During the few seconds I get a connection, it seems that all the contacts are correctly transfered to the car, or so it says on the MFD. I also have the VCDS cable to code the module and tried a lot of different configurations. We can also specify what protocol is preferred to transfer the phonebook to the car. Options are: PBAP, SYNC, FTP and two others that I don't remember now. I tried them all with no success.

I also tried to select a contact list with no contacts on the phonebook app to figure out if any of my contacts has any issue. No success either.

Is there any kind of debug I can try with the rsap app or the phonebook app?
Could it be a problem with the car module itself?
I see a lot of posts in this forum about Android 4.3 on the Galaxy S4 causing this type of issue, maybe the rSAP app helps here

BTW, don't know if someone noticed already, but the VW modules have a mini USB port next to the main connector. I wonder if this if for SW update or something...

Post by admin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:54 pm

If someone with the new 4.4 firmware has the same problem please create a HCI "snoop" log from within the developer menu and mail it to admin at... The log works without root, you only have to enable the developer menu by tapping 7 times on the build number.

For 4.3 this option is not yet available (as far as I remember), so you need the HCI logger app which requires root :?

I really like to know what's going on ;)

Post by bodameco » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Ok, I have 2 VW bluetooth modules (Novero HT4 & Novero HT5)
Same phone (I9505).

All works as expected with the stock ROM and the HT4, the HT5 connects for a few seconds and then it disconnects forever.
Later today, I will try both modules with a different phone.

legi, what's your module part number? If you don't have a VAG cable, you can look at the module's label below the passenger seat, it's Velcro attached to the car's floor, no screw driver needed.

I will also try to root my phone and test out the rSAP app, and the logger.

Next

Return to Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505