It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:06 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Disconnect after 7 mn

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV

Disconnect after 7 mn

Post by dadoo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello,

I have a Galaxy SIV stock official ROM, and Bluetooth sim access Profile (paid).

Before, i had Samsung Galaxy S3, no problem.

However, with this S4, i'am disconnected after 7mn, precisely 7 minutes..

Is it possible that my licence was not transferred from my S3 to my SIV, using a demo version instead ? (i used Titanium Backup for réinstalling all my apps without full reinstallation by Play store, worked perfectly for all program, including RSAP).

Pairing works perfectly, calls too.

2) I saw in an another topic that bluetooth pairing can work without RSAP app, can you confirm that ?

Regards,

Dadoo

Re: Disconnect after 7 mn

Post by admin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:58 am

It is not possible that the app changes to demo mode. Both are completely separate apps. If there are problems with the license the app will not work at all. Maybe it's a problem of power save mode, although it is strange that it happens exactly aftet 7 minutes. Check the "Bluetooth" section here: http://www.android-rsap.com/faq.html.

The S4 should support rSAP without my app. Simply uninstall the system files and the rSAP app and try.

Post by dadoo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

You absolutely right, Galaxy S4 works well in native mode with bluetooth, i never tried for to be honest.

However, i can notice that my phonebook is not used, instead it's car phonebook (MMI 2G on Audi A4), and i have only few contacts on it.

I have Bluetooth Phonebook installed, is there any way to use it and have my entire contact list instead of internal contact list of my MMI 2G from Audi ?

Post by admin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am

As far as I know the MMI 2G should support the IrMC profile. Do you see a "last connected" state below IrMC in the phonebook app?

Post by dadoo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:44 pm

When bluetooth is OFF, i can see theses informations in Bluetooth Phonebook V1.1.5 :

Enable PBAP : Checked
State : OFF
----------------
IrMC Profile
----------------
Enable IrMC : CHECKED
State : OFF
---------------
Options
---------------
All options are UNCHECKED
Sync contact Group = All Groups

Would i try to read theses parameters in my car with bluetooth ON ?

Post by admin » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:41 am

Eh... yes. Simply switch on Bluetooth and check the state.

Why do you switch off Bluetooth at all? It doesn't matter much in terms of power consumption. And it takes quite a while until all Bluetooth profiles are successfully restarted, so you should wait a few seconds before you power on the car. This would be too annoying for me...

Return to Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505