version 4.4.2 (kitkat)

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV
scoobaru99

Re: version 4.4.2 (kitkat)

Post by scoobaru99 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:31 pm

I'm downloading a post-knox enabled stock rom right now - 4.3 VOD UK - with the slim hope I can restore to stock, but I'm not sure if I really can...it appears that if you are rooted and you use a knox-enabled firmware, and then attempt to downgrade to pre-knox, you set some other kind of flag which leaves you unable to upgrade to any firmware with knox.

Seems I'm stuck in limbo, so whilst I wait for the stock rom to download I might have to try flashing various modems to get the phone functionality back at the very least, and then see if I can get your app to help with the rsap

If I get the phone working (making/receiving calls by flashing the modem I hope), I'll grab some HCI logs

scoobaru99

Post by scoobaru99 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:41 pm

latest update - I've managed to restore to stock 4.3 for now (after a lot of pain and worry), so once it's finished downloading a bevvy of updates from the play store I'll try out the bluetooth connectivity / rsap and the android-rsap apps, once I've rooted again

fingers crossed...

scoobaru99

Post by scoobaru99 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Phone now rooted, bluetooth only connected via 'handsfree'. Installed rsap installation files, and ran rSAP (Trial). Still no luck. Logs attached - hoping there is something obvious.

I'm still on android 4.3 at the moment, not quite brave enough to go to 4.4 after a day of trying to restore the phone :)
Attachments
Archive.zip
hci logs
(239.03 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

scoobaru99

Post by scoobaru99 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:04 pm

ok, so I bit the bullet and flashed stock rom to 4.4.2 - no luck connecting, can still only see handsfree and audio, no simcard option.

Sadly, rooting with chainfire cf-auto-root doesn't work either - very strange - all seems to work, but looses root when a reboot happens, and that includes the initial install of the root!

So now I can't root to try the app...back to searching for another way to root I guess, although I'm surprised 4.4.2 doesn't work given it's meant to support the various rsap protocols amongst others re bluetooth..

scoobaru99

Post by scoobaru99 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:25 pm

finally managed to root - so have now tried connecting after installing the rSAP installation files (without it didn't work either), and then running rSAP (Trial). Still no luck

Logs attached
Attachments
HCI Logss.zip
(96.67 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Your car does not access the SIM access profile, I still think it simply doesn't support it. Check if you really have the "car phone" or "Bluetooth high" option.

scoobaru99

Post by scoobaru99 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:08 pm

It does seem that way, so I can't work out how the guy in the showroom brought up the wlan and google options. I'll be visiting them tomorrow and see if I can check again

w123

Post by w123 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi all;

I have a question and I was wondering if someone here could help... I've an i9505 with 4.4.2, and a VW with the premium bluetooth

Some weeks ago I was in a phone company, and at that time, my S4 works perfect, no app was needed, now, I've moved to another company and now the car conects to the phone but just one second after says the phone is not responding, and the phone shows a messages that the remote access has been disconnected. I've tried with my old SIM card and works, so I'm pretty sure the issue is coming from the new sim card.

Does the app can solve this issue? reading the info on the web I understood that it can't, but just to confirm... and one more question, can I use the method for non rooted phones? with the installation app, if the phone is not rooted the app downlowads the zip file, I guess it's the same one as here http://www.android-rsap.com/installation/90.html right?

I guess it's not needed to make a back up of all the info, does the app wipes the phone?

Thanks a lot in advance!
:D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:40 am

I don’t know if my app will work better. It uses the same software parts as the Samsung rSAP to access the SIM card, so chances are low that it does better.

You cannot install the necessary system files for my app without root or at least a custom recovery software. If it was possible it would be a huge security hole. On the S II and Note I it is in fact a security hole, and I'm puzzled that Samsung did not close it.

If you like, you can create a "HCI snoop" log file from within the developer settings and mail it to admin at... Maybe I can find out why your rSAP connection aborts after a few seconds, although it is very unlikely that there is something to fix it.

w123

Post by w123 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:10 am

I guess the issue is coming from the sim card, even when phone company says it's not, and even when I realzied that it works with other sim cards...

How can I do a HCI log? I'm checking options within developer settings, but can't see that one... :( I hope no root access is needed...

Thanks! :)

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505”