version 4.4.2 (kitkat)

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV
Andyman10

version 4.4.2 (kitkat)

Post by Andyman10 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:58 pm

admin wrote:I don’t know if my app will work better. It uses the same software parts as the Samsung rSAP to access the SIM card, so chances are low that it does better.

You cannot install the necessary system files for my app without root or at least a custom recovery software. If it was possible it would be a huge security hole. On the S II and Note I it is in fact a security hole, and I'm puzzled that Samsung did not close it.

If you like, you can create a "HCI snoop" log file from within the developer settings and mail it to admin at... Maybe I can find out why your rSAP connection aborts after a few seconds, although it is very unlikely that there is something to fix it.

Hi Admin,

Does your phone book app vary the size of contact field it sends to the head-end (in my case Audi MMI High) based on the setting for 'Choose contacts to display'? It's occurred to me looking at some traces that those with rsap failures on Galaxy S4/5 units show huge field transfers that appear to be for phonebook entries whilst those that work don't..they're more SIM entry sized fields.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: version 4.4.2 (kitkat)

Post by admin » Fri May 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Do you mean rSAP logs, the large hex strings? PBAP transfers only readable data (except pictures). rSAP is not influenced by anything that my phonebook app does, at least there is no logical connection between rSAP and PBAP.

Andyman10

Post by Andyman10 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:25 pm

admin wrote:Do you mean rSAP logs, the large hex strings? PBAP transfers only readable data (except pictures). rSAP is not influenced by anything that my phonebook app does, at least there is no logical connection between rSAP and PBAP.
Sorry, I wasn't clear there. Yes, the 250 or so byte blank 'FF' fields that seem to be transferred under RSAP by S4/S5 units but not by older S3 units. It seems from looking at logs where rSAP works on the Galaxy S3 the records sent by the phone server (for the same SIM) are always 'short 'SIM-sized' entries of less than 50 bytes but the newer S4/S5 units traces I have seen where connections have failed always seem to have very large frames transfers in them (usually simply blank 'FF' fields and presumably null phonebook records..or possibly blank text messages?) after which the MMI unit in an Audi either suddenly closes the socket or sometimes sends an orderly disconnect request. It sort of suggests that a) the MMI has run out of room for storage, couldn't keep up or generated some sort of internal error as it built it's internal phonebook/text history.

I was wondering whether your rSAP stack had the ability to limit the size of phonebook records transferred by simply truncating them after 'n' bytes before relaying them to the client and whether that might remove some of the many problems that people are having with Galaxy S4/S5 units..and indeed possibly other phones when used with certain rSAP head end units?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm

The ca. 180 bytes are text messages. They should be transferred every time with every phone. And the text messages in the other threads (viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1331) log files are empty, so it should not cause any trouble. I don't think this is the cause of the connection aborts, but I may as well be wrong.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505”