It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:11 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Android rSAP issues with last CM11 nightlies.

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV

Android rSAP issues with last CM11 nightlies.

Post by Paul__ » Thu May 22, 2014 11:39 am

I'm running CM11 20140508-NIGHTLY-jflte on I9505 and have problems with bluetooth connection with my golf. It worked fine on my last phone Nexus S but fails on this new model.

Issue is that i can connect but after about 30 seconds the connection is broken.

I made a logfile which i can sent you, because i have no clue what it could be and how to fix it.

Paul

Re: Android rSAP issues with last CM11 nightlies.

Post by admin » Fri May 23, 2014 4:26 pm

I can't see any problem with the SIM card. All seems to work fine, then it aborts. Did you already check the points from here: http://www.android-rsap.com/faq.html#Bluetooth? I'd guess it's either the phonebook transfer or a power save issue.

Post by Paul__ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:41 am

Regarding the disconnects on CM11 20140508-NIGHTLY-jflte, I9505. I did some tests:
- reinstalling rsap, reinstall system files
- remove the paired bluetooth connection and re-establish without granting access to the contacts/phonebook
I still have the same issue.

There is one odd thing however; when i paired the devices, then on that first day (ride) it doesn't disconnect. Also the second time when i re-paired the devices i did not see any disconnects on that first day. But then the next day problems began to arise.

Would it help if i generate an HCI log?

Can it be related to the license, or superuser rights? What can i try/test?

Paul

Post by admin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:53 am

It's surely not a problem of superuser access. If it was, rSAP would never work and not only sometimes.
If it was a license problem, you'd see the according error message. But this is also very unlikely that this occurs after one day.
Did you already try to activate the "Wake Lock" and make sure "Keep active" is checked? Do you permanently see the rSAP icon in the notification bar? Do you have a task manager running which probably kills the rSAP app?
You may try to create HCI logs and mail them to me (admin at ...). Please try to note the time when the connection aborted.

Post by Paul__ » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:43 am

I have some more information:
- Tried wake lock and keep active
- The icon is always visible in the notification bar
- I tried removing all sms messages
- Regarding os and apps; i run not many apps, its actually basic CM11 + gapps, and also its basically identical to my nexus s setup.
- I don't have additional task managers and i don't expect apps to get killed because there is plenty of memory available
- I tried creating the hci log but this does not work for some reason: when i tick the create hci log the car doesn't connect at all any more, i restarted the phone, and also toggled bluetooth and enabling it; no success. Also when i first connect without logging, and then when the connection is established tick the log it immediatly disconnect. I will sent you the logs that i have but i don't expect them to be very useful.

Paul

Post by admin » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:57 am

The logs look strange. In the HCI logs there is a gap of 2 minutes where nothing seems to happen. In the "main" log there is a low level Bluetooth error, which reminds me of some previous Android bug. It looks like there is something basically wrong with your phone. I'd try to flash a current Samsung firmware and then reinstall CM11. Maybe something is missing in your bootloader, radio software or whatever.

Post by Paul__ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:46 am

That low level bt error only seems to happen when i enable the hci logger....?

I'm in favour of collecting additional system logs. Since i'm on CM that should not be a problem when i can locate the relevant files... When you know how to do this, then please tell me, otherwise i'll need to investigate on that first.

Regards,
Paul

Post by admin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:15 pm

Maybe the logs didn't properly work? You may try again and send me more logs.

Post by Paul__ » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:02 pm

I just posted a logcat on this issue.
Paul

Post by admin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:03 pm

A logcat log doesn't help. Only HCI logs may show why the connection aborts. If the phone shows different behavior when HCI logs are empty there is most probably something wrong with your phone.

Next

Return to Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505