Android rSAP issues with last CM11 nightlies.

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV
admin
Site Admin

Re: Android rSAP issues with last CM11 nightlies.

Post by admin » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Sorry, I can't see a reason for the aborts. Strange that there is always a time span where nothing seems to happen in the log, after that a new connection is established. It's difficult to find out what happens during these times, I'd guess there is some basic Bluetooth problem in the Samsung firmware, but that's guessing.

tandem

Post by tandem » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Hello,
my S4 with CM11 can't connect to my car bluetooth (Mercedes V4). I can put in the 16 Digits and than nothing happend.
With Samsung ROM it works perfect and I need no app, with Google ROM it works also perfect with the app.
Thank you.

Paul__

Post by Paul__ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:14 pm

It's actually CM11 i'm running, not the samsung stock firmware.
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:26 pm

tandem wrote:with Google ROM it works also perfect with the app.
This is the Google Edition ROM? Does the SIM check work with CM11? Please mail a "main" and/or HCI log of a connection attempt to admin at ...
Paul__ wrote:It's actually CM11 i'm running, not the samsung stock firmware.
Oh, mixed it up... So CM Bluetooth is to blame? The time span where nothing seems to happen on Bluetooth lasts about a minute, which seems like an eternity. This happens every time the connection drops.

Paul__

Post by Paul__ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:23 am

Few more questions/remarks:
- Can you see if the connection is dropped from the car or from phone?
- Also i noticed in the short time where it is connected, and does work; i can update the phonebook but it only gives the contacts from the SIM (3), while from phone it's always 0. Could this be related?
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Paul__ wrote:Can you see if the connection is dropped from the car or from phone?
Not really. I can only see a "disconnect complete" confirmation, but not who originated the disconnect. I guess there are some messages missing in the log and maybe this is a symptom that something basic goes wrong with Bluetooth on your phone.
Paul__ wrote:Also i noticed in the short time where it is connected, and does work; i can update the phonebook but it only gives the contacts from the SIM (3), while from phone it's always 0. Could this be related?
"Short" is relative. In your logs there are rSAP connections that lastet for more than 10 minutes! But there is not a single successful phonebook profile connection. Only several attempts to open the channel and an almost immediate close.

I can only recommend to completely reset your configuration: flash a proper Samsung stock firmware with all radio etc., reroot and reflash CyanogenMod. Maybe something is wrong in your current configuration.

Paul__

Post by Paul__ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:34 pm

I updated to the latest nightly CM11 (since it appears to be a known issue to CM11: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/8397 ... -versions/).
First test shows disconnects still. Also when i try to update the phonebook i get immediate disconnect.
I'll do some more tests and report some logs to you when required.
Thanks,
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Did you already try my phonebook app (trial version available)?
Or maybe try an older CM11 version?

Paul__

Post by Paul__ » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:43 am

Some more info; it still disconnects after every few minutes. I have a log+hci which i'll be sending you.
Do you think your phonebook app can solve the disconnects?
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:44 pm

The same as before. It disconnects after a few minutes. It still looks like something is wrong with Bluetooth in general with your phone or with your car. If you already checked all known Bluetooth disconnect reasons (http://www.android-rsap.com/faq.html#Bluetooth) there is nothing more I can do.
Paul__ wrote:Do you think your phonebook app can solve the disconnects?
Simply try.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505”