It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:04 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Galaxy SIV with VW Phaeton 2009

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV

Galaxy SIV with VW Phaeton 2009

Post by locino » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello,
I just changed from old HTC desire to Galaxy S4, with HTC bluetooth worked perfect and phone was still online for web access like for navigation and other ionternet access.
With S4 and Rsap, the phone is blocked and no more internet access, so no more update for navigation, blitzer warning etc.

is there any way to skip the full remote sim access, to use only the car for hands free access.
I understand that this way no car antenna and more usage of accu but thats someting I wouldnt care about. I just want to use the hands free speaker of car for my phone.

I would appreciate some help, as so far, i could only see some suggestions like, use a second phone as carphone, but with O2 there is no twincard use, which means you would need to switch on and off the other phone all the time as not both phones allowed to ring.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Re: Galaxy SIV with VW Phaeton 2009

Post by admin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:50 pm

As far as I know there is no way to officially switch off rSAP in a Samsung phone. If your phone is rooted you may simply install the rSAP system files with my installer app and not run my app. This should disable rSAP.

Re: Galaxy SIV with VW Phaeton 2009

Post by tinpushers » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:44 am

Usually with VW systems it depends how you pair the phone with the car.

If you initiate the connection from the Car you'll get an RSAP connection, If you intiate the connection from the Phone you'll get a BT Handsfree connection. You can tell the difference as the handsfree connection is a 4 digit PIN and the RSAP is 16 digits.

Try deleting the pairing from both the Phone and the Car then search for the car kit using your phone. Can you see the car kit in the available equipment list ? Can you connect from your phone ?

hope this helps

Return to Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505