Galaxy S4 and VW Premium, connection fails

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV
garikjan

Galaxy S4 and VW Premium, connection fails

Post by garikjan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Greetings! I installed ‘Bluetooth SIM Access Install’ v2.5 and ‘Bluetooth SIM Accsess Profile’ v2.5 on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
The phone is paired with VW Premium, but when I try to connect with my phone using rSAP profile, the connection fails. Please check attached logs.

Regards,
Garik.
Attachments
rsap-logs.zip
(80.04 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy S4 and VW Premium, connection fails

Post by admin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:27 pm

A Galaxy S4 should support rSAP without my app.

If it does not, and you want to use my app: Is your phone rooted? Does my app show an error?

garikjan

Post by garikjan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Yes, my phone is rooted and rsap application does not show any error message. I tried to use built-in RSAP, it did't work also.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:43 pm

It may be a SE Linux problem, I'm currently struggling with it and Android L. Maybe Samsung already has some more restrictions as other phones? There is an app in Play Store which should be able to switch SE Linux to "permissive", maybe that helps.

There is a strange error message with the 'su' call in the logs. Maybe your Superuser app has problems with SE Linux? Please use SuperSU if you don't already have it.

Geralt

Post by Geralt » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 am

I also have problem with connection VW premium (car from December of 2010) with my net Samsung galaxy s4. On my samsung galaxy s2 everything was ok and it connects as premium (remote sim control).

I have the most actual firmware for my phone 4.4.2 I9505XXUGNG8_I9505XEOGNF1_XEO.

I can pair my phone with car and even at first I have information about remote sim (but only first time after I pair it) but car did not ask me about sim code (4 or 5 digits which I must enter to get access to sim) and connection fails.

After that I have some problem to connect, but it connects - but it is wrong becaouse I still have signal on my phone and I can not dial from car (even If i see it connected and has contacts). After I manualy disconect it from the car first I can not connect byt on second try it connects but not as remote sim (I still has signal on my phone). This procedure repeat each time I enter car (first it can not connect, then connect but in wrong way, then it can not connect, it connects but not as remote sim.

I downloaded a file from link from this site or other site (with drivers rsap 2.5)). When I use this drives (I have root) it connects fast but still as normaln phone not as rsap. At last it is usable and connects in normal way :).

I installed it:
Bluetooth SIM Access Install

I would be happy if it was possible to use my phone as rsap.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:48 am

The installer app is not sufficient, you need to run the additional rSAP app - either trial or full version. The installer app is only needed once to install the needed system files. Best is to download both from Google Play Store.

It is strange that your S4 doesn't work out of the box. Did you already test with my (trial) "Bluetooth Phonebook" app whether it is a phonebook transfer issue? This sometimes crashes the whole Bluetooth connection, although it is funny that you get the phonebook in handsfree (non-Premium) mode.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505”