It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:10 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Galaxy S4 Active - almost works

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV

Re: Galaxy S4 Active - almost works

Post by Tomek » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:04 pm

I have already tried BlueVPN, but it's not working for me. There's also some second app in the market, but it needs root so it's not for me. I'm java developer, so if I would know how the connection should work - maybe I'd be able to create an app for this :)

Unfortunately right now I'm overloaded with my business project, so it would be possible to handle this subject not earlier than around February...

Post by admin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:43 am

Tomek wrote:Unfortunately right now I'm overloaded with my business project, so it would be possible to handle this subject not earlier than around February...

This is the normal state of a software developer :lol:

I also thought about doing this, but also no time. My idea was to do the following:

• Open a VPN connection. There is an easy-to-use API since Android 4.x (don't remember exact version) which doesn't require root
  • Connect to VW Premiums's Bluetooth Dial Up Networking (DUN) profile. As far as I remember this is an AT Command based serial communication
  • Handle the modem setup and connection over PPP, and "route" the data over the VPN connection.
This should be the easiest way to implement the modem connection. The only drawback is, that the VPN connection is a "second-class" Internet connection. Automatic sync of mails etc. on the connected mobile does not work, as far as I remember.

Post by Tomek » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:19 pm

admin wrote:This should be the easiest way to implement the modem connection. The only drawback is, that the VPN connection is a "second-class" Internet connection. Automatic sync of mails etc. on the connected mobile does not work, as far as I remember.

Personally i think it's not important to create a vpn connection at all. Let's say that car connects to internet and shares the connection over BT. So what we really need is to (most important) connect the car to the internet over gprs (for 3g it should work the same way). When the connection would be established - the second step is to create a capability (for phone) to use bt internet connection (like old windows mobile pda's).

An bluevpn app is application that creates a tunnel between phone and car module. This tunnel uses classic NAT and probably only port 80 is open so only http traffic can come through. It would be great to make an app that can connect to bluetooth gateway, as older phones do by nature :) And ofc with no root needed :D

I'll think about it.

Post by admin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:42 pm

I think you cannot add a new network connection to Android without root - except using the VPNService class. But I may be wrong...

Post by Tomek » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:52 pm

I don't know either, but I'll try :)

Previous

Return to Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505