Samsung Galaxy S4

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S IV
wouwou

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4

Post by wouwou » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 pm

bonjour j'ai acheté un samsung galaxy s4 et je l'ai connecté a ma voiture une vw sharan avec le systeme de navigation RNS510
et ça fonctionne sans devoir installer une application merci a samsung je suis maintenant connecté avec pemium bluethoot

estrace

Post by estrace » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:52 pm

The S4 works fine out of the box on my 2009 VW Touareg with the RN510 premium kit, all OK, well done Samsung

masood11

Post by masood11 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 am

wow! you are providing very nice information thanks for your feedback brothers, can not wait to get my hands on Samsung Galaxy S4, really appreciate features and display as well, ;)
Samsung Galaxy Round Price

Martin6982

Post by Martin6982 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Hello, I found today your forum after having a week troubles with connecting my new Galaxy S4 to VW Premium device. I read most of the posts but could not find a solution.
I started pairing device from Car kit (it is not possible from the phone), then entered 16 digits, pairing was almost ready and at MF displays comes request to enter password. I try to enter SIMcard PIN (at steering wheel buttons) which is 4 digits but there is no chance to put "OK". If you press OK - then it enters another fifth and sixth digit!!! In few seconds line breaks out it shows "connection not possible!
On phone settings I see for a while 3 options for connection: Audio for player, Phone audio (to use as Bluetooth) and rSAP. Option for Phone audio seems not active.
I was using for more than a year Nokia in both rSAP and Bluetooth audio and found not very suitable rSAP because when you have some people in the car and do not want them to hear your conversation - in rSAP is not possible to have private call through headset only... I was using also Blackberries, also connected smoothly.
Today I tried to another VW Passat without Premium and it worked fine - connected and paired perfectly. I connected also iPhone for testing - worked perfectly.
Do you have any idea how to overcome this problem - Model is GT-I9505 and Android version is 4.2.2 (there is a new one 4.2.3). How to disable PIN or password request that comes on the "very smart" Premium CarKit device. Do I need to upgrade firmware to 4.2.3?
Thanks in advance: Martin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:41 pm

If I understand correctly you like to use the Handsfree profile with your VW Premium phone? Did you already try to switch the mode in the car? I don't know if the car saves this setting, but it's worth a try.

You cannot switch off the Samsung rSAP. If your phone is already rooted you may simply install the system files for my app. This switches off Samsung's rSAP the "hard way" ;)

Martin6982

Post by Martin6982 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Hello Admin, thanks for your response. I was away (abroad) and just now read the post.
Generally, at least I want to USE my phone in the car - either with rSAP or as Handsfree but for the moment non of them working...
From the car I am not able to find Bluetooth settings :cry: . Up to now I was using Nokia and Blackberry as Hfree because is more convinient to make "Private call" when having other passenger in the car. In Remote SIM this is not possible, headset is dead.
It is very useful what you said - I can not swithch off rSAP on S4, so I will not try. If understood correctly "rooted" means "jailbrake"? My phone is official from local dealer with a warranty, so I have not made changes in SW. I will try today to upgrade it to the new one 4.2.3. and let you know for result.
But one more thing - assume I want to use it with rSAP - as decribed before: what to do for the passcode request. I can not put numbers inside (pls read my previous post).
Regards: M

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:56 pm

The PIN entry only occurs if you have a PIN active for the SIM card. Simply switch it off on the mobile and the car should no longer ask. I never heard of a problem entering the SIM PIN with a VW Premium phone, so I guess it is an issue with your SIM card. I don't think a Samsung firmware update will fix this.

You can choose the mode rSAP or Handsfree in the car in the instrument cluster menu/MF display. It is somewhere inside phone settings. As I said, I don't know if the car remembers your choice or tries to use rSAP again the next time.

BTW: Which country does allow making "private calls" with your mobile in your hand..? :shock:

Martin6982

Post by Martin6982 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Wow, I haven't heard anybody to buy SIM card without a PIN?! Whenever you get a new SIM from any shop - it has PIN set to 0000. Maybe you mean to disable the PIN protection - this is another thing but is not recomended. Of course problem could occur (never happen to me before) but to ask for replacement if other does not work.
I will check later (car is at service for 2 days) for rSAP/Handsfee setting but I think in my model it is not existing (VW -Premium -2011).
Regarding "private call" it is not from the country - it from the carKit!. I reside in Bulgaria, operater is MTEL (Vodafone partner). With Premium device connected as Handsfree, whenever I have incoming call - there are 3 options seen at MFD: Accept the call through carKit, reject the call or make PRIVATE CALL, which means take the phone in your hand and talk/listen. As I said - it happened 2-3 times to have colleagues or business partners inside the car and when you receive a personal call which you don't want to be heard by attendiess inside is very convinient... :!:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:08 pm

With a 2011 Premium you surely have the option to switch between rSAP ("Premium") and Handsfree. Just browse through the phone menu.

What confuses me is that there are SIM cards with 4 digit PIN and some with 5 digit PIN, and I remember that the VW Premium knows how long the PIN is. That's why I think it may be an issue with the SIM card.

I wasn't referring to the technical possibility, but the legal issue. As far as I know only Sweden allows to make phone calls with the mobile in your hand. But I found out that it's quite cheap in Bulgaria :D

Martin6982

Post by Martin6982 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks, as soon as I get the car from service I will try again and let you know..

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505”