It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Android L developer preview

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the LG Nexus 5

Android L developer preview

Post by MattMax » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi,

I've just installed the Android L developer preview on my Nexus 5. Given the experience with Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 I did not expect RSAP to run as proved to be the case.

The installer does not work (or only partially) since RSAP shows "System lib not found" after rebooting. I verified this by manually installing the RSAP zip in recovery. For what it's worth: I know that Chainfire had to release a specific Android L installable zip for SuperSU, so maybe the installation process on Android L has changed a little bit.

Right now I'm back to Android 4.4.4 with the radio from Android 4.4.2, that works without a glitch.
Hopefully RSAP will work with Android L, but I can imagine it is a challenging task.

Re: Android L developer preview

Post by altefrau » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:31 pm

Any news on Android L? I guess soon there will be the new version on my Nexus 5...

Or could an old baseband work, as it now does unser 4.4.4?

Post by admin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:32 am

Still two problems with Lolliop:

• Baseband still doesn't support rSAP (will it ever again..?). The old 4.4.2 baseband still works, at least in a quick test.
  • SELinux prevents communication between the app and the system files. XDA developer Chainfire promised to teach us how to add SELinux permissions to a runing system. Currently I don't have clue how to do that :oops:
I managed to get my app running with the old baseband and after setting SELinux to "pemissive".

Post by altefrau » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:30 am

It seems like rsap is dying - which is not bad at all, at least, if you have a car that supports hfp. But for my Golf VI GTI 2009, I'm damned .

I want to try Windows phone 8.1 (the Lumia 930 looks nice!), but they also ditched it there.

Post by admin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:01 am

You have the option to upgrade your "Premium" box to a newer version with handsfree profile. If you have the white dash display this costs you about 150€ for a new (!) 3C8 035 730D device on eBay. Maybe you get a used version A-C for even less. This is less than a new phone (or a new car) will cost you ;)

If you have the red display you are in fact doomed - at least it's more expensive to upgrade...

But at least the world's biggest phone maker (Samsung) still supports rSAP. LG and HTC also seem to stick to it, and the Chinese MediaTek phones all have the foundation for rSAP in their firmware. Only the car makers (except VW) dump it. I guess the future will bring fixed SIM cards in cars for Internet, like BMW, Tesla, etc. already have, and Handsfree for phone calls - with the crappy receiption because of the missing external antenna :roll:

Return to LG/Google Nexus 5