I wonder if anyone can help met get rSAP to work with my Audi.
The follooing ...
I purchased the RSAP app a while back, have successfully rooted my Nexus 5 (Chainsaw) and have Chainsaw's Super SU Pro (purchased) installed too. The reason I did this is because I wanted to be able to read incoming SMS messages on the screen for the MMI system in my Audi ... I have a 2012 Audi A5 Sportback 2.0 TDI 130kW (SLine edition).
I have not problems with Bluetooth phonebook retrieval etc .. .that all worked fine via the standard Bluetooth connection before I installed the rSAP app.
I have followed all the instructions but cannot get RSAP to work ...
The problem is that although I have the rSAP Active on all the time the "Bluetooth State" remains "Not connected" !
For the rest, my phone and my address book are all present and working in the Audi as they always did! But as I understand it SMS text messages will never work if RSAP is not connected.
I have tried several variations of "solutions" on this site ... the last ... a total reset was this:
In car Bluetooth
* ... deleted all external devices
* switched off "make discoverable"
- unpaired (removed) Audi from Bluetooth on Nexus and restarted
- switched off discoverability and rSAP active in RSAP app
- Ran RSAP installation again and restarted (generic mode not Nexus 4 mode)
Still on phone:
- Left Bluetooth discoverability in standard Settings -> Bluetooth menu to "Only visible to paired devices"
- Started RSAP-App and activated Bluetooth Visibility inside the RSAP application.
- Searched for phone from MMI ... "Discover ... "
- Accepted pairing from MMI side
Result: as stated above ... phone, phonebook all work but rSAP "Bluetooth State" remains "Not connected"