It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:15 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

rSAP works with Android L / 5.0

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the LG Nexus 5

Re: rSAP works with Android L / 5.0

Post by Barcarem » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi,

I didnt flash the mobile to the previous radio/baseband. I didnt find trat step in the proccess I read in the foro. Is it really necesary to do that to grant access to Internet to the car?
Could you be so kind to give me more information about how can I flash the radio (if it is needed to get data connection the car forma the mobile)

Thanks.

Post by admin » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:20 pm

magna413 wrote:Meaning to ask. Am i okay to update my phone with newer firmware and then old baseband. Will it keep ohone running normally?

The interface between Android and baseband software changes only slightly over time, so old basebands happily work with newer Androids, and vice versa. The only question is: are there any important bug fixes in the newer version? If you didn't experience any problems with mobile network with Android 4.4.2, you will most probably not experience any problems with Android 5 and the baseband from 4.4.2.

Post by admin » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Barcarem wrote:Is it really necesary to do that to grant access to Internet to the car?
Could you be so kind to give me more information about how can I flash the radio (if it is needed to get data connection the car forma the mobile)

I don’t know the Audi system too well. Maybe it is also possible to share the mobile's Internet connection with the car, like it's done with the Mercedes system? Then you don't need my app.

The "usual" way to get Internet for Audi connect is to either put a SIM card into the car's SIM slot, or you connect a mobile with rSAP support. To get rSAP running on a Nexus 5 you need my app, and if you want to use Android > 4.4.2 you have to flash the baseband image from 4.4.2.

Flashing the radio is not an every day job. The easiest way is to use a zip file and the custom recovery,
see http://forum.xda-developers.com/google- ... s-t2514095 for a list of all Nexus 5 radio images. Flashing NEXUS5_KOT49E_RADIO.zip should make rSAP work again.

The other possibility is to flash the img file in "fastboot" mode, which is a bit more complicated. Search the Internet how this is done.

Sorry, I cannot make it easier. It's simply bad luck that Google switched off rSAP support with a system update.

Post by Barcarem » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks so much for your explanation. It has been very useful for me in order to understand my situation. I'm going to give more information if it is useful for someone else.
I have Nexus 5 with android 5.0 and Audi with MMI navigation plus and audi connect. The car has two possibilities to get voice and data connection: To put a SIM in order to use voice and data mobile service and use voice and data mobile service through bluetooth. In my case my carrier is Orange Spain and dont provide a dual SIM service with data and voice together (you can obtain another SIM with voice or just data), another Spanish carriers as Movistar offers that service called Multisim by 5€ a month.
I tried the possibility of use SIM with data(for internet connection) and the voice through bluetooth system but it doesnt work (the car doesn't recognise the mobile for voice)
My other solution (apart from change my mobile operator) was to connect voice and data through Bluetooth. The N5 has the option to allow this possibility but I don't know why the car doesn't connect the data connection thought mobile. I though it was because the car has not a full access to SIM and that the reason because I tried to use rSAP but I don't have gotten the connection work properly.

Therefore, I going to test a couple of times more to connect the car and the mobile with rsap (in order to get voice and data) and in case I don't get it I have to change my carrier.

Regards.

Post by admin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Maybe I should explain some basics. There are two different Bluetooth profiles for making phone calls in a car: Handsfree profile and remote SIM Access profile (rSAP). All Android phones support Handsfree, only a few support rSAP. Some phones support rSAP with my app.

With the Handsfree profile the mobile phone routes the audio signal from the internal speaker and microphone via Bluetooth to the car's speaker and microphone. When your car supports rSAP it has a full blown "mobile" phone built in, and only gets the SIM card data via Bluetooth from the mobile. So it is technically the same as if you insert the SIM card directly into the car's SIM slot.

So currently your Nexus connects with Handsfree, which is sufficient for making phone calls. For Internet access you'd need either the separate SIM card or a connection with rSAP.

Post by magna413 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:23 pm

You could read what i did. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1466

I'm guessing you know your way around USB debugging and ADB. It's needed for installing superuser.
+ fastboot for older baseband install and custom recovery.

Anyways, if you think it's over your head, find a friend with android skills :)

Post by Barcarem » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your support.
I am reading all about Rsap in this Christmas Holidays and Im making a lot of tests between the car and phone before to give up and leave the possibility of connect my car to internet. Im expending my holidays in this issue :D
In the last test I got the car recognise the mobile as car phone using the rsap trial app and the car tried get full access to the sim. In fact, rsap trial version shows as Bluetooth state the name of the car and as SIM state 'phone in normal mode' (Im translating from Spanish so Im not sure if the messages are the same in English), but at the end of the process car shows a message saying that it is an error and it is impossible to connect with the mobile. At this point, I wonder whether the problem is due to Im working with the trial version of the app. How can I know using the trial version the process is OK? and I have to buy the full version.
Im praying because that will be my problem. :D .But without Rsap app the car doesn't recognise the phone as 'car phone' , it was just recognised as handfree.

Maybe I have this situation because of Im using Nexus 5 with Android 5.0.1.

Thanks.

Post by magna413 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:43 pm

RSAP trial seems to give all the same features that full version, just the time factor after what it stops working.
If you're running 5.0.1 and haven't flashed old baseband, than it's not possible to run rsap.

Post by Barcarem » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Thanks again.

Im afraid to flash the phone is too dangerous for me :D . I don't dare to do it.I think I will wait to Android 5.1, hoping Google guys solve the problem with Rsap. In Google we trust! :D
I also trust in Rsap 3.0 version. Maybe it can works with Android 5. :D

I think in the short-term I will live without internet in the car and in the medium-term I will search a mobile that can work with this feature (in case Android 5.1 or Rsap 3.0 don't solve my problem before).

Anyway, thank you for your support.

Post by magna413 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:18 am

I'll try to write a simple guide and script to simplify it.

Disclaimer!
This is only for testing, always back-up your contacts, photos etc... .

Download files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p6rt9 ... ngrade.zip

Tutorial:
0)
Download files and extract them. Don't edit anything or remove any files, otherwise it wont work.
Desktop seems good place to extract.

1)
First install ADB and fastboot driver if not previously installed. Use script nr0 to check ADB or fastboot connectivity(It doesn't indicate missing driver)
If it shows unauthorized, you need to authorize it first.
ADB - Android Debugging Bridge Connectivity to phone when in normal mode and recovery.
Fastboot - Connects to phone when in bootloader.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=258897

It's also possible to go directly to bootloader. Without enabling USB-debugging.
★Disconnect your USB-cable.
★Power off your phone.
★Boot it in fastboot by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Down at the same time.
★Connect cable.

2)
Run 1.Downgrade bootloader.bat script.
It flashes the old radio onto phone and reboots again into bootloader.
DON'T PRESS ANY KEY JUST YET!!!
Check if baseband version on phone screen indicates M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
Now you can press any key and your phone boots up.

Congratulation, you have just downgraded your phone Radio(Baseband)
Now you still need to root your phone and install rsap installation files first and then rsap app.

More disclaimer:
I'm not sure if flashing radio with locked baseband will work, but it doesn't seem to be able to root without modified kernel what still needs unlocked bootloader.

PreviousNext

Return to LG/Google Nexus 5