It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 11:20 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Post by admin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:53 am

I checked my wife's S5 mini, and SapService is happily running on her phone. Either the service crashes on your phone, which is unlikely because it automatically restarts. Or you have some strange firmware variant.

The Handsfree profile is a bit different than the other profiles. There is no explicit service for it.

I did not yet ask explicitly: did you run my rSAP installer app? This also kills the Samsung rSAP software.

Post by Waldviertler » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:13 am

Which Android version is running on the S5 Mini of your wife?
I did not yet use your rSAP installer. It is a standard S5 Mini which was updated few month ago from Android 4.x to 5.1.1 with the official Firmeware for open phones in Austria (ATO) received from Samsung.
About device displays: Basebandversion G800FXXU1BPC3, build number LMY47X.G800FXXU1BPC4

Post by admin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Android 5.1.1, Build LMY47X.G800FXXU1BPC4, baseband G800FXXU1BPD1

Post by realist42 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi,

I too have this using it with a VW Premium handsfree kit. It just wont connect and I would wager that rSAP is completely absent from my build to. I do not have the details of built etc to hand, but will reposted them later (using an iPhone for now - hey no worse in connecting to the car than the Samsung).

I have raised this with Samsung and sent letters, but they do not accept that there is an issue with their build and suggest that I 'update' the car or buy a newer handset (one of their staff suggested the LG G5!!! as that one might work). No further update for the S5 Mini is planned as far as I can tell.

Regards,

J

Post by robhar » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 am

Hi all, just thought I would let you all know that Samsung rolled out Android 6 in the UK at the beginning of March 2017 and this seems to have fixed the rsap problem. Having lost rsap when the phone upgraded to android 5, I let it update yesterday to 6 and now it works like it use to do. You will probably need to delete the existing bluetooth connection with the car and repair. It worked for me and I am now properly connected to my VW RNS850 system with Google maps and online services working as they should.

Post by realist42 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:20 am

Hi,

I can confirm that this has fixed it for me as well... Sadly I have pretty much given up on Samsung now and the S5Mini is no longer my main phone...

Post by Waldviertler » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:46 pm

admin wrote:It indeed looks like Samsung messed up rSAP with the update. If the update didn't bring a new bootloader you usually can downgrade your firmware with Odin. You should find a matching firmware at samfirmware.com. Be sure to do a backup before you begin, you will most probably have to wipe your data when you downgrade.

If you cannot downgrade you'll have to wait for another update or use my app.

Update to Android 6.0.1 brought back rSAP service - no problem to connect to the SAP V4 module of my Mercedes :D

Previous

Return to Other Samsung Phones