Dual SIM

freddiehoman

Dual SIM

Post by freddiehoman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Hello,

For me plugin does the trick, but....

I am using a galaxy s4 mini duos (I9192) which has dual sim. The plugin resets the first sim but not the second sim.

Is it possible to change the plugin so it will also reset the second sim?

Regards

Freddie

admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual SIM

Post by admin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:27 pm

I guess you are suffering from the fact that my app is not yet tested on dual SIM phones. In fact I'm surprised that it works at all :shock:

So my app basically works on an I9192? Does the second SIM still work after the rSAP system files have been installed?

freddiehoman

Post by freddiehoman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Yes everything works fine except for the reconnect for which i installed this plugin. After disconnecting from my VW rsap carkit i can use the sim which i use for connecting to the carkit, but the second sim doesn't have reception. When i go to settings and i disable and and enable the second sim again everything is working again.

If you would like me to do some tests or make some logs just ask.

Rest of the applications work fine i installed them in the following order.

Root Phone,
Installed system files
Installed rsap app
installed bt phone book
installed reconnect plugin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:50 am

I cannot make it work without the phone in my hands, and the I9192 is still quite expensive :o

I'll try to get one, but it may take some time.

craigyb

Post by craigyb » Sat May 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi, I've just bought the I9502 dual SIM S4 (not mini)

I'd like to try the rSAP installation, can you give some pointers as to how you got the system files installed before installing the app, I purchased the app a few years back when ICS was out on the S3, so I would like to try to get rSAP working on the 9502 like you have done on your mini.

Craig

craigyb

Post by craigyb » Sat May 31, 2014 6:17 pm

I think I found the answer, I downloaded the rSAP install app and installed the system files. I think this has broken my Bluetooth now as I cannot get Bluetooth to run at all and the Bluetooth Share app keeps crashing.

Reinstalled my phone with a new ROM and rooted, installed google play etc.

To be honest I am as surprised as the admin that the rSAP app worked, I'm pretty sure the system can only talk to one SIM at a time which is why your second SIM is disabled in rSAP mode. But that would suit me fine as my personal SIM is in slot one and my work SIM in slot two and I only want to receive personal calls when in the car.

As I've only just received the phone I could send it to you Mr Admin for testing, I still have my old S4 at the moment.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:29 pm

I bought a GT-I9192 (S4 Mini Duos) today, so I hope I can finally make my app work on Samsung dual SIM phones.

craigyb

Post by craigyb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:52 pm

I look forward to hearing from you, one day with my GT-I9502 S4 DUO and I'm already missing the rSAP for the car.

For the record my S4 runs 4.3 I9502ZNUFNL1 rooted

craigyb

Post by craigyb » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:12 pm

I have also bought the S4 mini now, running 4.2.2 and the rSAP app works, but I have same issue with the 2nd SIM staying disabled after disconnecting from the car. I tried airplane mode on/off but that did not work.Only a reboot fixes it.

One thing to note is that the S4 mini is not a true DUAL SIM active/active phone like the S4, If you are on a call the other SIM cannot receive a call. The way that they get around this is by setting up diverts from one SIM to the other. This works well in rSAP mode as when SIM 2 is disabled all calls are forwarded to SIM 1 in the car. But you can only make outgoing calls through SIM 1 of course.

So I would be very interested in any progress you make with your i9192 adventures.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Just a short update: I have my S4 mini, I basically know what happens and I'm quite confident that I can fix it. It may take some time because the Nexus 5 is causing such big trouble.

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”