Galaxy S5

rareshub

Galaxy S5

Post by rareshub » Tue May 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Sorry for posting here. I tried to find smth. written about connecting the new Samsung S5 to my VW and no post found here.

I stoped searching and today I bought my new S5, after I had the S3 before. S3 worked perfectely with your application, but first I had to root it.

Today I had a nice surprise with the new S5, I tooked out of the box and installed those 2 applications, and the phone is working just fine with no root.

I have to say that while I installed the application I have received several times the warning that I have to root my phone.
Also in the application I see this error: "rSAP system files not installed properly!", but it still works fine.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy S5

Post by admin » Wed May 21, 2014 12:44 pm

I guess it will also work without my apps, maybe even better ;)

Griffiths73

Post by Griffiths73 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:17 am

Hi, I have an S5 as a replacement to my S3. I used to have a Skoda with the full Bluetooth phone prep, and the S3 worked fine, natively in rSAP, as it showed remote SIM mode activated when connected, and copied the contacts etc. with no issues.

I then changed my car and got a Audi A8, 2008. The S3 would connect, go into remote SIM mode, but every time it disconnected from the car, I would get a message from Vodafone telling me it looks like I've swapped my sim. I spoke to VF about this, and they told me that with the S5 being the latest version of Android, this problem would go away, so I went ahead with my upgrade.

The problem has not gone away. I get approx. 4 of these messages a day, and I can't seem to stop them. The phone doesn't seem to bring contacts over either. I appreciate the BT version on the Audi is older (the Skoda was a 2012 car), but this surely shouldn't keep happened. VF advised that I disable rSAP, but I don't want to, and I can't find out how.

Is there anything here that could help. The MMI software on the car is 5750 (I think).

Thanks in advance.

Andrew.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 26, 2014 11:08 am

Are the messages "normal" SMS messages? I know messages that announce that you will get another message configuring MMS and whatever services because you "changed" your SIM card. Do you mean these? They are surely sent by VF and VF is the only one who can finally switch them off.

Are the messages only annoying or do they block something?

Apart from that I don't know why this happens with the Audi and didn't happen with the Skoda. It must be something different that both cars actually do with the SIM card. Maybe the Audi writes something to the card which causes the messages. Sadly I don't know enough about the SIM communication itself to have a clue what exactly this may be.

Andyman10

Post by Andyman10 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:21 am

Hi,

Does anyone have the S5 working reliably in RSAP mode with the Audi 3G MMI (2012)? Either with no modification or with the rSAP app loaded?

Thanks for any replies.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Please try to create a "HCI Snoop Log" from within the Google developer settings. I'm not sure if it works, but if it works I may be able to find out what goes wrong. Start the log before you power on the car, do a fresh pairing and stop the log after you switch off the car. Mail the log to admin at ...

Andyman10

Re: Galaxy S5 and Audi 3g MMI

Post by Andyman10 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:27 pm

As I now have a Galaxy S5 I can report that the native RSAP mode works perfectly with the Audi MMI3g (2012) head end unit, all contacts on the phone transferred. Just start your search for the new phone from the MMI end not the phone end.

raphael_ding

Re: Galaxy S5 and Audi 3g MMI

Post by raphael_ding » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Andyman10 wrote:As I now have a Galaxy S5 I can report that the native RSAP mode works perfectly with the Audi MMI3g (2012) head end unit, all contacts on the phone transferred. Just start your search for the new phone from the MMI end not the phone end.

Andyman10, what is your galaxy S5 specific model#? for instance, smg900h/f. I just wanna figure out which S5 model you have wiz native rSAP

mikeycass

Post by mikeycass » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:39 am

I have the same issue with S5 (SM-900F, android 4.4.2), pairs ok with new Sk*da S*perb but get the following message on phone; Remote SIM mode - 'looks like you've swapped your SIM or updated your software' message

and states If you want to continue using data & pic messaging need to update settings,

get text message with new settings
Config message
Appl = Contract WAP {Browser}
url; http://www.vodafone.co.uk?cid=VDC-HOM-001

which requires to be installed, I do this but everytime I get into the car its like connecting for the very first time, had 7 of these messages yesterday, getting into/out of car??

without this update whilst in the car it states there is "no signal" for access to internet etc?
I think this is due to the car becomes your phone when paired as remote sim.....

Anyway to stop this?4

Cheers

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:47 pm

As far as I understand these are text messages/SMS you receive in the car while in "Premium" phone mode? I know these messages from mobile phones, happens to me often when I put a SIM card in a different phone, but I never saw one of these in a car. I guess the messages are triggered by the provider when he detects that you try to log into the network with a different device, which is what happens when you use the "Premium" phone mode (as you already guessed). So only your provider can switch them off.

What puzzles me is, that you say that Internet access only works after reading these messages? Or do you have to acknowledge them? Does the new Superb have the "old" Premium box below the passenger seat, or is it the new "MIB" device, like in the Golf 7?

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”