Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

samuz

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Post by samuz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Hello everybody,

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini and tried to connect it to my, also new, VW Cross Polo with Discover Media inside.
The connection works fine, except of the phonebook.

My issue sounds like the one from this post viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1434

However, before I bought the S5 Mini, I used a Nokia Lumia 1020, and everything works fine with the bluetooth connection, even the phonebook (incl. pictures).

Now it is strange:
As I used the S5 Mini for the first time, I downloaded the Outlook.com app and synchronized all the contacts from my outlook.com account.
In this case the phonebook worked fine, except of the contact pictures.
So I decided to create all my contacts manually in my Google account. (No csv-import/export).

Now when I try to import my contacts, it does not work.

In short:
- VW Cross Polo 2014 with Discover Media
- Nokia Lumia 1020 (Phonebook works; contact pictures works)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini with Outlook.com contacts (Phonebook works, contact pictures doesn't work)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini with Google contacts (Phonebook doesn't work)

Do you have an idea why this happens?

I hope your knowledge can help me :)

Kind regards,
samuz

admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Post by admin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:38 pm

You may test my "Bluetooth Phonebook" app (trial available), maybe it helps.

If you want to spend some time you may create "HCI snoop" log files (in Android developer settings) with the two configurations without my app, and mail them to me (admin at ...). I'm always curious to find out why phonebook transfer fails!

samuz

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Post by samuz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Hey,

I had a phone call with Samsung Germany. They gave me two solutions which I should test.

1. Run the phone in the "Protected Mode" (Restart the phone and press and hold the volume down button)
This runs the phone in a mode where just the preinstalled apps works. All additional apps are deactivated.

2. Clear the contact-storage from the application-manager.

The first point was the solution which fixed my problem. Now I have to figure out which app causes this issue.
But it works :)

Thanks for your reply. I hope my tipps can help also over people with same issues.

samuz

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”