Galaxy alpha

hacem

Galaxy alpha

Post by hacem » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:45 pm

In contrast to my former Galaxy S3, my new Samsung Galaxy Alpha with Android 4.4.4 does not work with my Opel DVD 800 bluetooth phone connection. Therefore I bought the Phonebook app, deleted all former pairings and paired from new.
However, the app does not work properly:
1) it synchronizes the phonebook correctly and connects when dialing from the mobile,
2) it allows to select a phone number from the car's (synchronized) phonebook; however, the connection then fails "Anruf fehlgeschlagen"
3) when I try to call from one of the (car) lists (e.g. outgoing calls), this fails with the message "no phone number" although this number is shown on the list entry.
4) For an incoming call, I can use the resp. car button to accept, i.e., this is working; however, if I try immediately after disconnecting to call back - this fails according to 3)
5) I tried to switch on/switch of the IrMC button in the phonebook app to see, if this influences somehow the connection; and indeed, the connection then works - but unfortunately only for 1 time :-(.
6) Switching off/switching on the PBAP button has no effect - except that it takes then about 15 min until the phonebook is reloaded

Have you any ideas what to do?

Thks, hacem

admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy alpha

Post by admin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:43 pm

It's difficult to say what goes wrong. If the phonebook is transferred it doesn't seem to be the culprit, it rather looks like the "Handsfree" profile has problems. Can you manually dial numbers in the car?

hacem

Post by hacem » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:47 am

I can manually compose the numbers, but when I push the button to start the dialing process, after about 2 seconds the system goes back to the initial screen (indicating that the system is connected to the mobile phone) without any comment.

Could it be possible that the phonebook app does not completely overlay the Samsung PBAP function?
Is there a way to remove the original function from the mobile?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:51 pm

If the basic phone functions (= Handsfree profile) don't work, you cannot fix it with the phonebook transfer. They are completely separate Bluetooth profiles.

Sadly it's not possible to fix the Handsfree profile other than with a system update (or downgrade...) or with a substantially different ROM, i.e. not based on original Samsung ROM but on AOSP, like CyanogenMod. Strange that Samsung releases a new phone with such basic problems. Maybe it's simply that your device has a defect?

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”