How to make Galaxy Note 4 to work with VW 3C8035730D Module

happyracer

How to make Galaxy Note 4 to work with VW 3C8035730D Module

Post by happyracer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I have an Golf R with RCD510. I fitted it with the 3C8035730D Bluetooth Module. Upon installation when I allow it to remote access I had the wifi option on it. But after which I realized today I don't have that WIFI option in my phone menu. I am running Polar FIS but that did not conflict the first time I installed and now all integrated well.

How do I make the WIFI option appear? I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LTE not rooted device.Its running Kitkat 4.4.4 OS.Exact Model No:SM-N910G

I tried installing your trial app and it don't work with my phone at all. May be I am not doing something right.

I would really appreciate some help on this so that I can fully utilized the feature.

Thank you so much guys!

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to make Galaxy Note 4 to work with VW 3C8035730D Mod

Post by admin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 am

First you have to make sure your phone is connected in "Premium" (i.e. rSAP) mode. It should show "Premium" somewhere in the display and no battery level. Do also check that your phone shows the external SIM access in the notification bar and that receiption on your phone is off.

If you do have a "Premium" connection there is the possibility that someone switched off WiFi with the diagnosis software, although I don't know why anyone would do that.

The last possibility is simply that the WiFi hardware is broken.

My rSAP app usually works the same as the standard Samsung rSAP. Sometimes it's possible to fix SIM card problems with a plugin, which is not possible with Samsung rSAP. If you cannot get a "Premium" connection, please create a "HCI Snoop" log from within Android developer settings and mail it to admin at ... So I can check if it really is a fixable SIM card problem.

happyracer

Post by happyracer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:27 am

Hi Admin,

I have checked and yes it shows PREMIUM AND MY NETWORK STRENGTH WITHOUT BATTERY LEVEL. My Phone has no reception as well.

Now I remembered after installing and testing my friend was fiddling went to MFD and selected WIFI off. But via MFD you do it you should be able to turn on again right?

Now I go to bluetooth I see Modem only and also setting for Modem only. No WiFi.

Whats the next procedure can you kindly let me know of a solution as I really want to activate the Wifi Feature on my car.

Thank you Admin Team!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:51 pm

I don't remember if it's possible to hide the WiFi menu entry and I can't check because I no longer have a WiFi capable Premium box. I'd look in the settings submenu.

happyracer

Post by happyracer » Mon May 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi Admin,

I checked the setting only has few options.

1)Bluetooth
2)Bluetooth Name
3)Media
4)Modem
5)APN

I dont see the Wifi feature. Is there any way to try to regain it back? How about unplugging the bluetooth module to reset. Will that help?

I hope some form of help is found to re activate the wifi. Plus I updated my mobile to lollipop recently.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 11, 2015 8:17 pm

I don't think the behavior will change when you unplug the unit, but you may try.

I guess you will have to find someone with a VW diagnosis tester (e.g.VW service) who can check your unit. I know that it's possible to disable WiFi via diagnosis, I only don't understand why someone would do this and who may have done it with your unit.

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”