S4 - S5 - S6 Duo chipsets

craigyb

S4 - S5 - S6 Duo chipsets

Post by craigyb » Thu May 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Ok, just out of interest, I'm currently using a Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD with the rSAP application and it works very well, the occasional issue with the disconnect and no signal, but I watch out for that. It uses a Qualcom chipset from what I can tell.

So before I had the Galaxy S4 Duos and it would not work with rSAP application and that has an Exynos chipset.
And I had the Galaxy S4 MINI Duos and it would work with rSAP application and that has an Qualcomm chipset.

The new S6 Duos also seems to have an Exynos chipset so I'm guessing that this will not work with the rSAP application again.

Could anyone hazzard a guess that I am correct before I fork out for the S6 duos

Galaxy S4 MINI Duos I9192 Qualcomm chipset. Work
Galaxy S4 Duos I9502 Exynos chipset. Do not work
Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD Qualcomm chipset. Work
Galaxy S6 Duos - all models seem to be Exynos Chipset. ?

admin
Site Admin

Re: S4 - S5 - S6 Duo chipsets

Post by admin » Fri May 29, 2015 11:23 am

I still think: if you want a dual SIM phone with good rSAP support, choose a Chinese MediaTek phone 8-)

I guess rSAP is not very popular in the dual SIM phone markets, and dual SIM phones are not very popular in markets where rSAP is popular. So Samsung doesn't feel pressure to fix rSAP in their dual SIM phones...

craigyb

Post by craigyb » Fri May 29, 2015 5:58 pm

I understand what you are saying, but my S5 duos wipes the floor with any chinese mediatek phone, I have tried a few of them and they are slow and clunky with poor screen and picture quality.

I guess I could wait until the Galaxy S7 arrives and see if they switch back to Qualcom and I can match my Audi S7. :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 30, 2015 1:59 pm

craigyb wrote:I understand what you are saying, but my S5 duos wipes the floor with any chinese mediatek phone, I have tried a few of them and they are slow and clunky with poor screen and picture quality.
You're right. The MediaTek phones are cheap and you get what you pay for ;)
But rSAP works like a charm...

Maybe Samsung releases an S6 duos with Qualcomm later. They often release new phones with the same name but completely different hardware, e.g. the S3 mini I8190 vs. I8200. The Galaxy S4 was also available with Exynos and Qualcomm at the same time (I9500 and I9505). And maybe the S6 duos will be the first Exynos powered dual SIM phone with rSAP. Shouldn't be so hard to do it for Samsung, since it already works on single SIM Exynos phones.

gberndt

Post by gberndt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:09 am

In th Galaxy S6 Single SIM (G920F, Android 5.1.1) rsap is implement by Samsung and works perfect. In the Galaxy S6 DUOS (G920fd, Android 5.1.1) it is NOT implemented in i cannot find any settings to activate it.

I am very disappointed ;-(

GBerndt

vistablue

Post by vistablue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi,

do this phone Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD work out of the Box with VW premium device or do I´ve to root it and install the rsap System files and the app itself?

What´s the actual Android Version for the phone above and do it still the Job with that Version on rsap?

joe

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”