Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

fronty

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Post by fronty » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:16 pm

Just a note to say I purchased a UK version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, it only has room for one SIM card but it paired with my VW Passat Premium Bluetooth kit no problem. This is a stock phone, not rooted and no rSAP app from this site, it works natively straight out of the box. I have not tried syncing the phone book yet, I'll post back here when I get a chance to do that.

fronty

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Post by fronty » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Have been using it for a few days now, have noticed the phone sometimes seems to randomly disconnect from the VW car kit but then automatically reconnects, not sure what will happen if I am on a call when this happens. Phone book download starts and runs in the background for some time before a message pops up on the RNS saying the download could not be completed. I suspect I may have some entries in my phone book that cannot be transferred so will have a clear out and try again.

I want to exhaust all possibilities with the stock ROM before trying the app. Also my phone appears to be running KitKat, I thought Lollipop or Marshmallow was available from Samsung now but the phone says it is up to date, so I will be interested to see if this brings about any change in functionality if/when I get the update.

I am quite happy to post here when I have further updates, I bought this phone because the price is coming down now the S6 is out, it's smaller than most of the stupidly large Android handsets on the market and obviously it has rSAP built in, which is probably most important to me and anyone else reading this! :-)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:21 am

Often the phonebook transfer causes problems. You may test if my phonebook app (free trial available) helps.

fronty

Post by fronty » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:13 am

Here's an update for you all re: compatibility with Samsung S5 Mini...

The phone supports rsap natively with VW Premium Handsfree Car Kit, however I was having an issue where after about 3 minutes, the phone would disconnect and then re-connect. After the reconnection it is rock solid. Unfortunately if you are on a call when it disconnects you will lose the call. This happened to me a few time recently.

Also phone book synchronisation would not fully complete. I was going to search for a corrupt phone book entry, but I have over 300 entries so it was a task I wasn't really interested in doing. In the end I installed the phone book app from this site and synchronisation now works perfectly - thanks!

A side effect of installing the phone book app is that the disconnection no longer happens - the phone connects when I start the car and stays connected until I turn off. So maybe the disconnection is something to do with the native phone book support in the phone, installing the app replaces the native code and fixes something.

Either way, it works brilliantly, thank you!

Wiegersj

Post by Wiegersj » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:47 pm

I had an android update version 5.1.1 on my phone. But in my VW Golf the rsap doesn't wrk anymore. I read some posts and probably it is a problem of the android update. Can I remove the update and re-use the old good working software?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:16 pm

It indeed looks like Samsung messed up rSAP with the update. If the update didn't bring a new bootloader you usually can downgrade your firmware with Odin. You should find a matching firmware at samfirmware.com. Be sure to do a backup before you begin, you will most probably have to wipe your data when you downgrade.

If you cannot downgrade you'll have to wait for another update or use my app.

FrankR

Post by FrankR » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:18 am

Same problem here (scirocco 09). S5 mini is not compatible anymore after update to android 5.1.1.
Worked great before the update with and without the bluetooth phonebook app (needed it on my S4 mini)
We use two S5 mini's, and both are not compatible after update.
I probably cannot use your rsap app without rooting the phone?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:22 am

Root is mandatory for my app, sorry.

You should at least let Samsung know that something is wrong. The more people complain the faster an update will be released :D

FrankR

Post by FrankR » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:22 am

I contacted samsung. They told me to empty bluetooth cache memory, and to force stop the bluetooth app.
When I told them the other S5 mini had the same problem, they told the method above probably will not work :roll:
They made a note of it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:11 am

If someone has the time he may create a HCI log and mail it to me. Although I'm quite sure I cannot fix the problem I'm curious what exactly goes wrong.

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”