Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

FrankR

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Post by FrankR » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:17 pm

I've just sent You an e-mail with a HCI log while I'am trying to connect to the carkit.
Thank You very much for looking into it!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:12 pm

The phone doesn't even report that it supports the SIM access profile :o
Can you please check the active apps list, if the services for "Bluetooth" contain a "SapService"?

FrankR

Post by FrankR » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:13 pm

I've looked under active apps > bluetooth and indeed SapService isn't running on both phones :shock:
That explains a lot... :roll:
Did I get a wrong lollipop update? (without SAP) Do you think resetting the phone to factory settings can help?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:30 pm

I rather guess that Samsung ruined it. Maybe you have a strange version (CID)? I already saw phones which had rSAP in one country and didn't have in another.

I don't think a factory reset will fix it, but you may try.

ylavor

Post by ylavor » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:34 pm

I have the same issue, VW '09 premium system and 5.1.1 firmware. Is it possible to somehow start manually Sapservice?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:26 pm

I don't think so. I rather guess that the service is not even existing.

Waldviertler

Post by Waldviertler » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:02 pm

admin wrote:The phone doesn't even report that it supports the SIM access profile :o
Can you please check the active apps list, if the services for "Bluetooth" contain a "SapService"?
Hi, I've the same problem. After upgrading my S5 Mini to 5.1.1 I cannot connect any longer to my Mercedes SAP V4 module produced in week 33/2016.
According to Samsung support it is a problem of the MB SAP V4 module and not of the upgrade. Would it be possible to send you an HCI log for checking to inform me in which line(s) of the trace the SAP profile should appear to demonstrate to Samsung support that the problem is on their side and not on the Mercedes SAP V4 module.

Thank you for yur support
Best regards
Andreas

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:51 pm

No problem, please mail the HCI log to admin at ...
I still cannot believe that Samsung removed rSAP :o

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:14 pm

The SAP V4 seems to query for the profiles a little differently than I know from other devices, but as far as I understand the 100. message contains the answer to a request for all supported profiles. It does not contain rSAP. All other "usual" Bluetooth profiles, like Handsfree, Phonebook, Network Access, A/V Remote Control, etc. are there.

Another hint is the list of running services in app settings, like mentioned above. If there is no "SapService", there is no rSAP.

Waldviertler

Post by Waldviertler » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:01 pm

admin wrote:The SAP V4 seems to query for the profiles a little differently than I know from other devices, but as far as I understand the 100. message contains the answer to a request for all supported profiles. It does not contain rSAP. All other "usual" Bluetooth profiles, like Handsfree, Phonebook, Network Access, A/V Remote Control, etc. are there.

Another hint is the list of running services in app settings, like mentioned above. If there is no "SapService", there is no rSAP.
Following services are running according to app manager:
Bluetooth:
1 process and 10 services

Services:
A2dpService
PanService
BleAutoConnectService
BluetoothPbapService
GattService
HeadsetService
HidService
BluetoothOppService
HealthService
BluetoothMapService

Process:
Bluetooth

That's it what i can see in the App manager.

According to Samsung website it should support
Bluetooth-Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP, SAP
As I don't also cannot see HFP service in the app manager does it mean that it does not support SAP and also not HFP profile?

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”