Problem with phonebook sync

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire HD
cnow

Problem with phonebook sync

Post by cnow » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello,
I updatet my RNS510 to SW3980 and use it with my DHD powered by LeeDroid 3.3.3. Since then I cannot sync my cellphone's phonebook only the SIM contacts. In the MFA+ (Multifunktionsanzeige) I can choose whether to sync the SIM contacts, phonebook contacts or both. But again only the SIM contacts were synced. I only know that before the phonebook sync worked as expected. Unfortunately I changed two parameters at one time. Damn! ;-)
What can I do to narrow down the problem?
best regards,
cnow

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with phonebook sync

Post by admin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:20 am

I don't think an update to the RNS510 should change anything with the phone module, but I may be wrong. What was the second thing you changed?

Currently I'm making a final desperate attempt to find and stop the built-in PBAP service in HTC Sense based ROMs to replace it with a better implementation. So we can at least trace what is happening and finally fix any issues.

cnow

Re: Problem with phonebook sync

Post by cnow » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Second thing I changed was the ROM. Updated from LeeDroid 3.2.1 to 3.3.3. I also can't remember the last phonebook sync with my car. It was long time ago. So the problem could be there earlier.
OK I'll try your PBAP implementation when it's ready. As a workaround I copied all my contacts to the SIM card. But this is crap as it handles every telephone number for a contact as single phonebook entry in DHD and RNS510. :-(

Return to “HTC Desire HD”