It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:49 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

RSAP works on S6 DUOS G920FD but only with SIM1

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge

RSAP works on S6 DUOS G920FD but only with SIM1

Post by gberndt » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:24 am

RSAP works on my S6 DUOS G920FD Android 6.1.1. Rooted with TWRP. I can connect successfully with SIM1 in my VW Premium FSE but not change to SIM2. When i change in FSE Settings to SIM2 in connection process it switch back to SIM1 while asking for the PIN and PIN for SIM1 is needed.

In RSAP settings on the Smartphone i cannot find any options to change the SIM.

GBerndt :)

Re: RSAP works on S6 DUOS G920FD but only with SIM1

Post by admin » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:53 pm

I guess the second SIM PIN in the VW Premium can be used for SIM cards with two PINs, e.g. for private and business number.

I don't know if Samsung Exynos phones are able to use the second SIM card for rSAP. Given the fact that they don't support rSAP at all with the stock ROM, I'd rather guess they don't.

Post by gberndt » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:44 pm

I also think that it is a problem with the Samsung smartphone. Using other Smartphones (Wiko Higway, Wiko CinkPeax2) the Change to SIM2 in RSAP connection works fine.

Incoming call on SIM2 will not be connected to FSE (the smartphone itself rings while SIM1 is connected with FSE). So there are few advantages with rsap against normal connection where incoming calls on both SIMS Cards works over FSE. :cry:

GBerndt

Post by Android4000s » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 pm

I agree that Samsung Duos phones don't support rSAP on the second SIM. I used a S4 mini Duos previously and I have now a new J5 2016 Duos.
The Android RSAP app cancelled the network connection on the SIM 2 in the S4 mini, when SIM 1 was connected in rSAP. This brought the advantage that calls on SIM 2 were forwarded to SIM 1 because SIM 2 was offline (Settings in S4 mini).
However, the downside of this phone was, that the second SIM was not reactivated an the end of the rSAP connection.

I've just tested the J5 (rooted with TWRP, Android RSAP app) for a few minutes so far. It seems to me that similar to the S6 Duos described in the previous post, the second SIM stays active in the phone.
It would be nice, if it could be configured in the app that the second SIM goes offline, when the first one is in rSAP mode and both turnes on again, when the rSAP connection is closed.
Edit 2017-01-03: I've realized this now with Automate from Llamalabs. All together, this provides me now perfect functionality of Audi, Samsung and Dual SIM.

Post by admin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:46 pm

Does the Automate app have the functionality to disable/enable a SIM card or do you use some plugin? I already tried to find a generic way to do this but couldn't find one, only non-standard extensions to the Android API.

Return to Samsung Galaxy S6 G920/G925