Galaxy S6 Edge rSAP issues

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
geeaccord

Galaxy S6 Edge rSAP issues

Post by geeaccord » Mon May 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi, i have downloaded both rSAP files from the play store and I used pingpong to root my phone. I installed the rSAP files and when I install the Bluetooth rSAP im getting the SIM Status: "Socket connection error. I have uninstalled and reinstall four time and still getting the same error and I have the full version of the rSAP. Please help and Thank you in advance.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy S6 Edge rSAP issues

Post by admin » Tue May 26, 2015 7:43 pm

rSAP should work without my app on a Galaxy S6. Were there any problems? What exactly didn't work?

It looks like my app does not work on a S6. I don't know why, it looks like it is a security problem. Maybe SELinux cannot be disabled.

geeaccord

Post by geeaccord » Wed May 27, 2015 4:14 am

Once I installed your software I only the error "SIM Status: "Socket connection error" I can connect to my Audi with the regular Bluetooth from my phone but not able to connect thru your software. If someone can tell me how they got their S6 to work off the cell sim for network. Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 27, 2015 10:19 am

And why did you install my app? rSAP works without my app on all Samsung Galaxys.

geeaccord

Post by geeaccord » Wed May 27, 2015 3:08 pm

I didn't know that the phone did since I just came across the software and wanted touch use my cell simple for my car than tmobile sim.

bobo_the_boss

Post by bobo_the_boss » Wed May 27, 2015 4:38 pm

it seems that i have the same problem with my s6 edge trying to connect with my VW UHV PREMIUM inside my 2010 VW Passat CC.
first of all, i have to question about all samsung galaxy phones using rsap out of the box. years ago i had an galaxy s2 which did not work in my car. i bought your application which was working flawlessly. after a while i upgraded to galaxy S4 active and used the same app without any single issue. now was time to change the phone again and it came handy to buy the galaxy S6 edge. out of the box, the car says "no compatible phone was found". after rooting and installing the rsap files the message in the car is: "no bluetooth connection to phone", while the phone says in red characters: "Socket connection error".
do you have any hint on how to get the things work?
thanks a lot for your work!

geeaccord

Post by geeaccord » Thu May 28, 2015 4:09 am

So do anyone know how to get the s6 edge to work with my car and use the cell phone sim card and received sms thru the car. Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 28, 2015 12:01 pm

I still think that any Samsung Galaxy (except the dual SIM models) should support rSAP out of the box without my app. I might believe the opposite if someone creates a HCI Snoop log without my app and mails it to me (admin at ...). Please make sure to reboot after uninstalling my app, start the logging before you enter the car and stop it before sending the log file.

I don't plan to buy an S6 because it's still far too expensive, especially the Edge! My app most probably lacks some access right and it's not very likely I that can fix this without a device. Maybe it's simply impossible to switch off SELinux? Maybe someone can try what happens when you run 'setenforce 0' in a root shell? Do you use SuperSU? I don't think other Superuser apps will work.

bobo_the_boss

Post by bobo_the_boss » Thu May 28, 2015 7:12 pm

thanks again for your answer.
believe me, none of these galaxy (S2, S4 active and S6 edge) did not work out of the box with my passat...
i am not at all that tech guy, but i'll do the log if you teach me how...
my galaxy s6 edge is rooted with ping-pong and i have superSU installed.
i'm sure out there is a solution to make these things work, we just need to find it out...
best of luck!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 29, 2015 11:16 am

Every Galaxy S supported rSAP, with the exception of the infamous Android 4 update for the S2 and the first firmware versions of the S3. The minis supported rSAP starting with the S4 mini. The dual SIM phones also often support rSAP, but regularly cause problems. The technical data on Samsung's homepage lists SAP for the S6 and the S6 edge. It does work!

How to create a HCI log: http://www.android-rsap.com/41-support/ ... i-log.html

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S6 G920/G925”