It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Oneplus X (Onyx)

Discussions about running the rSAP app on OnePlus phones

Oneplus X (Onyx)

Post by gus8313 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi,
I succeeded in having rsap working with my Oneplus X.
Here is how I've done:
- Install Cyanogenmod 13 https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_onyx. I use 13.0-20160528-Nightly, but i guess that the latest one should also work.
- Install a modified kernel (with fastboot) (I was not able to attach it to this post, maybe too big)
- Install rsap

For those who wants to modify the kernel themselves, ensure that the following modules are set in your kernel configuration:
CONFIG_DIAG_CHAR=y
CONFIG_DIAG_OVER_USB=y
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_COMMON=y
CONFIG_USB_QCOM_DIAG_BRIDGE=y
CONFIG_USB_QCOM_MDM_BRIDGE=y
CONFIG_USB_QCOM_KS_BRIDGE=y
Maybe some of them are not mandatory, but when set it works!

The only issue I have is that the RIL remains stuck after car disconnection and i have to reboot the phone.
Looking at http://forum.android-rsap.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1115, i've tried to switch to "plane mode" and also the "reconnection plugin" with RIL reset option, but no success.

Any ideas?

Re: Oneplus X (Onyx)

Post by admin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:53 pm

This looks like the problem which all recent Qualcomm dual-SIM phones have. Additionally the second SIM card disconnects. Sometimes it is possible to repair the SIM card by switching it off an on in Android settings, but of course this is very tedious. Qualcomm and dual-SIM doesn't go together well.

One user solved it with the Tasker app (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1669&p=10098&hilit=Ril+daemon#p10098).

I'll try to fix this in the system files, but currently I am a bit busy so it may take some time.

If you can transfer the kernel to me somehow I can host it on android-rsap.com.

Post by gus8313 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the "ril restart" tip.
Starting from it, I have used "automate" app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate&hl=gb and just made a small modification:
Code: Select all
setprop ctl.restart ril-daemon

instead of
setprop ctl.stop ril-daemon
Wait 5s
setprop ctl.start ril-daemon

I also had a look at system messages after rsap disconnection and I have the feeling that "rsap reconnect plugin" tries to restart the wrong ril-daemon as I have:
init: Service 'ril-daemon2' (pid 3589) killed by signal 11
init: Service 'ril-daemon2' (pid 3589) killing any children in process group
init: Starting service 'ril-daemon2'...

Maybe the plugin mixes the RILs on dual sim phones....

For the kernel, you can download it from there http://www.mediafire.com/download/fvvo11fzxv50tvk/boot.img, MD5 sum is f821d9531499329e26e0682c1044a99d
I forgot to mention in my first post that once rsap system files have been successfully installed thanks to this kernel, you can put the official cyanogenmod kernel back and install cyanogenmod updates, rsap will still work...You will only loose the Qualcomm "diag" port (useless as long as you do not want to tweak your radio)

Post by gus8313 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:45 am

Hi,
I have updated to the latest cyanogenmod 13.0_20160713 and now the RIL disconnection is perfectly working : no more need to restart RIL at each car kit disconnection.
Moreover, even with Reconnect plug-in removed, it still works!
@admin: Have you changed something on your side? Or is it only linked to cyanogenmod update?
It is perfect, I really enjoy my Onyx with my premium car kit!

Post by overflow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:01 am

Hi Gus,

great to hear a better functioning of rSAP with OPX!

Is it still needed to install a custom kernel in order for rSAP work?
Is it still needed to install rSAP files? Are these rSAP files specific for OPX? Where can i download?
I really miss the rSAP functionality in OPX :/

Thanks! Best regards

Post by gus8313 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Overflow,

Unfortunately yes, you still need to install a custom rom to get rsap working with OPX.
However, as Cyanogenmod rom is far better than Oxygen, it is worth playing the game :)
Be carefull when flashing your phone, backup it and fully load the battery before.
To have rsap working, do the following steps only once:
- Install Cyanogenmod 13 https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_onyx I've used 2013.0-20160528-Nightly, I do not know if it can be done with the latest one. I recommend to do the procedure with this cyanogen version, then update to the latest one thought OTA when all the steps are completed (including the beer, so you can have 2 beers...or more 8-) ).
- Install the modified kernel (with fastboot) (http://www.mediafire.com/download/fvvo11fzxv50tvk/boot.img, MD5 sum is f821d9531499329e26e0682c1044a99d)
- Enable Root access (by setting "root access" option to "applications & ABD) in "developper options" menu)
- Install rsap system files thanks to "rsap install application"
- Install rsap application
- Have a beer
After each Cyanogen update, no need to reinstall the modified kernel, just open "rsap install application" to re-install rsap files and thats all!

Post by overflow » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:42 pm

I have tried this procedure this weekend, i can say IT WORKS! Thanks a lot! =)
Now paying 10€ for a full time access to RSAP+ phone contacts sync that's a lot :/
Any freeware alternatives for these apps?

Post by eagleCS » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:24 am

gus8313 wrote:Hi Overflow,

Unfortunately yes, you still need to install a custom rom to get rsap working with OPX.
However, as Cyanogenmod rom is far better than Oxygen, it is worth playing the game :)
Be carefull when flashing your phone, backup it and fully load the battery before.
To have rsap working, do the following steps only once:
- Install Cyanogenmod 13 https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_onyx I've used 2013.0-20160528-Nightly, I do not know if it can be done with the latest one. I recommend to do the procedure with this cyanogen version, then update to the latest one thought OTA when all the steps are completed (including the beer, so you can have 2 beers...or more 8-) ).
- Install the modified kernel (with fastboot) (http://www.mediafire.com/download/fvvo11fzxv50tvk/boot.img, MD5 sum is f821d9531499329e26e0682c1044a99d)
- Enable Root access (by setting "root access" option to "applications & ABD) in "developper options" menu)
- Install rsap system files thanks to "rsap install application"
- Install rsap application
- Have a beer
After each Cyanogen update, no need to reinstall the modified kernel, just open "rsap install application" to re-install rsap files and thats all!

I could not find the cm-20160528. With the latest versions (ex. cm-20161122) that attached modified kernel does not even start the phone... :(

Who is the author of the modified kernel?
Why CM-Team not enable it by default the "qualcomm dialog"? :(
There is another method to enable the rSAP?

Help me, many thanks

Post by overflow » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:40 am

Hello, probably the kernel doesn't start the phone due to the twrp version. Try other twrp versions. I was able to install kernel with twrp_2.8.7.0.4_bacon_material.

Edit: with latest cm versions I couldn't get rsap to work.
Good luck!

Post by admin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:59 pm

overflow wrote:Edit: with latest cm versions I couldn't get rsap to work.
Good luck!

Can you give me more details what did not work?

Next

Return to OnePlus