VW Passat

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire Z
snudel

Re: VW Passat

Post by snudel » Tue May 10, 2011 3:26 pm

ok, one bug i am having now:
the mobile data is not coming back online sometimes.
it remains in status: turning on...

after making a phone call or manually turning off and on, its comes online.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 11, 2011 10:39 am

One day there will be a user-friendly installation app for the system files with automatic updates via Market... If only I had the time ;)

Just read the latest post: If you open the browser it will not work? Perhaps there is no need for a data connection at the moment?

jkayser

Post by jkayser » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:27 pm

I've 2007 VW PASSAT and I've a problem like in first post with DESIRE Z phone S-OFF Rooted CyanogenMod 7.0.3 .
1st connection is OK, but phone randomly doesn't wake from connection and rsap app says "disconnecting ... SIM ..." and this status is permament untilkl phone rebooted.
Phone says that it's connected but car set still says connecting and it brakes "connecting" status after 2 minutes.
phone thinks its connected but it's not.
Sometimes itr works for 3-4 times and is OK but rather not.
What should I do? can I support you with logs or somehing?

I travel a lot in bussiness and it's quite a problem.

I'm using full version (already paid)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:23 pm

So it's two problems: first the phone does not disconnect properly from car and second it does not connect properly.

The disconnect problem is not so easy to log. You will need a logging tool like aLogcat (available in Market) and set buffer to "radio". I still do not fully understand how aLogcat works but the best moment for creating the log seems to be immediately after the disconnect. Are you sure you have the latest version of the system files installed?

The connect problem may be logged with the "HCI" log function from the app. Simply start before you connect and stop after the car reports it is disconnected. It helps to have a parallel "main" log. And it will surely help to have a HCI & main log of a successful connection. I guess this problem lies somewhere in the lower layers of the Bluetooth stack.

Please send all logs with a short description what you did when creating the logs (connect, disconnect, successful or not, ...) to my admin mail address.

When you say you travel a lot, does it mean you enter and exit your car frequently?

jkayser

Post by jkayser » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks for suggestions. I'll try do to the logs tomorrow.

And the second thing, the answer is YES... :( I use connection and disconnection for 30-40 times a day.
I think that you can imagine my frustration :(

I'm happy that you answered on this topic.

I'll send the log this week.

BR

Return to “HTC Desire Z”