It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

It worked once!

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire Z

Re: It worked once!

Post by Code3VW » Tue May 10, 2011 3:18 am

Ok, so I reverted back to TeamVillian's 1.5 Rom and didn't install rSAP on the phone...all of the contacts showed up! :D At least I know it isn't the bluetooth module in the car!

Now I'm going to upgrade to Cyanogenmod 7.0.3 and see if all of the contacts show up using HFP (PBAP). If they do, I'll try rSAP and see if all the contacts show up...at least then I'll know if it is the ROM, or the PBAP/rSAP.

Post by Code3VW » Tue May 10, 2011 5:19 am

Wow, this is becoming infuriating...

So I installed the Team Villain 1.5 and as I mentioned, all of the contacts showed up.

I noticed that when I was connected to the bluetooth in the car through HFP, the phone would say PBAP REQUEST in the notification, but the contacts would transfer no problem. It seemed strange that it was asking for permission to OK the PBAP request, yet was transferring the contacts. I loaded the contacts like this about 5 times and they all showed up.

Then I updated it for a sixth time, except I hit ALWAYS ALLOW for the PBAP, and sure enough, not all of the contacts transferred.

What the hell is the deal with this PBAP and my car?! How are the contacts being transferred when I DON'T give permission for PBAP?! However the contacts are transferring (not PBAP and not rSAP) is the only way for me to get all of my contacts onto the car.

HELP!

Post by admin » Tue May 10, 2011 10:08 am

This is complicated, I'm not sure if I could follow you...

Perhaps this is a combination of stored data from a previous connection and the different ROMs you tried. The car kit saves the contact data and only updates it... well I don't know. I guess when you force an update and when it finds new entries? So I think in your case you managed to transfer all contacts with one ROM, when you connected with a new ROM there were problems (like no permission), so the car did not change anything, but when you forced the update it tried it's best to get as much as it could, which was not all contacts. Just speculating...

At least from what I learned so far from other users the newer Android versions handle the PBAP transfer better than the older ones.

With VW you are at least able to sync with PBAP. Opel drivers can only sync SIM contacts in rSAP mode, PBAP works for them only in HFP mode...

Post by snudel » Tue May 10, 2011 1:53 pm

maybe the memory is too small for all of your contacts?

my desire Z is transferring all contacts after it asked for permission.

Post by Code3VW » Tue May 10, 2011 6:18 pm

admin wrote:This is complicated, I'm not sure if I could follow you...

Perhaps this is a combination of stored data from a previous connection and the different ROMs you tried. The car kit saves the contact data and only updates it... well I don't know. I guess when you force an update and when it finds new entries? So I think in your case you managed to transfer all contacts with one ROM, when you connected with a new ROM there were problems (like no permission), so the car did not change anything, but when you forced the update it tried it's best to get as much as it could, which was not all contacts. Just speculating...

Every time I've restored a ROM on the phone, or even as I try installing and uninstalling your program, I always hit "RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS" on the car. Then I have to go through the re-pairing process, and it shows that there are no contacts on the car.

Then, I go through the menu in the car to update the phone book. A message pops up on my phone in the notification area that says something like BLUETOOTH REQUEST: VW PHONE IS ASKING FOR PERMISSION FOR PBAP. If I ignore this and DO NOT HIT ALLOW, all of my contacts transfer perfectly. If I hit allow, only half of my contacts transfer (the ones without email addresses).

admin wrote:With VW you are at least able to sync with PBAP. Opel drivers can only sync SIM contacts in rSAP mode, PBAP works for them only in HFP mode...

Right now I'm not even using rSAP, I'm only using HFP (I guess, whatever the non-rSAP way to connect to my car is...)

I'm going to try rSAP right now WITHOUT ALLOWING PBAP to see if all of my contacts are still there...

Post by Code3VW » Tue May 10, 2011 6:19 pm

snudel wrote:maybe the memory is too small for all of your contacts?

my desire Z is transferring all contacts after it asked for permission.

This is how it was with my older bluetooth module (non r-SAP enabled). With the new bluetooth module, this is what I have to do:

Then, I go through the menu in the car to update the phone book. A message pops up on my phone in the notification area that says something like BLUETOOTH REQUEST: VW PHONE IS ASKING FOR PERMISSION FOR PBAP. If I ignore this and DO NOT HIT ALLOW, all of my contacts transfer perfectly. If I hit allow, only half of my contacts transfer (the ones without email addresses).

Post by Code3VW » Tue May 10, 2011 6:52 pm

BTW admin, your rsap-uninstall.zip fails in ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.4

Installing: /sdcard/download/rsap-uninstall.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
I'm thinking this is a typo and should be update-script
Installation aborted.

Post by Code3VW » Tue May 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Wow, what a cluster**** this is...

I installed the update 4 files onto my fresh copy of CyanogenMod 7.0.3. Then I installed the pay version of rSAP. It says SIM State "rSAP system files not installed properly." I've tried pushing that .zip 3 or 4 times now and it still says they aren't installed properly...

I go to the front page here and it says "You may check for existence of /system/lib/libhtc_ril.orig.so to verify installation." I go to there using my Super User File browser and the only file similar is "libhtc_ril.so"

Is your rSAP version not compatible for CyanogenMod 7.0.3?

Post by eddie_f » Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 am

You may try to copy your contacts to the SIM and then use the SIM contacts for the car only. You don't need mail addresses or pictures on the cars phonebook (as if it would work anyway), so this shouldn't be a problem.

The only problem could be the amount of contacts and the space left on the SIM. I can't replicate the problem here with my DZ and the old rSAP only module. This could be a problem with the implementation of PBAP with the/some non-HTC ROMs. I use the stock 1.82.405.1, rooted and thats it. I will try a few things tomorrow with the mail addresses, but the test entry I did today was totally fine, except that the Bolero radio (called RCD 510 by VW) does not know mail addresses.

Just another quick question: is your phonebook only handled by the MFD or does the radio also have the options for synching the phonebook? I only synch via the radio and not via the MFD (much easier navigation than with the buttons/wheels on the steering wheel). I don't know if that makes a difference.

For the internet part: I opened a feature request, but it is too early to say anything. Maybe someone has an idea how to implement it. The modem itself works very well, if you entered the APN correctly in the MFD. I can connect to the internet with my WM6.5 device (MDA Compact V aka Touch Diamond 2) using the BT modem.
- - - -
Thanks for the DUN plugin, you are the best!

Post by admin » Wed May 11, 2011 10:31 am

This PBAP stuff is crazy. What's so strange about it is that there are obviously a lot of problems (not only with VW and Android...) and there are no options in either device to work around them. I bet VW did not fully read the specification but only checked if it works with Nokia. I know how these automotive software guys work...

I have recently updated my phone to CyanogenMod 7.0.2.1 and have no problems on the Desire. Shouldn't be so many changes to 7.0.3. But I still have the ClockworkMod 2.x. Did you check the ClockworkMod screen for error messages after installing the system files?

The uninstall script is still the "amend" version which will not run with ClockworkMod 3.x, sorry. I'll try to fix that soon.
BTW: the update/updater-script is no typo.

Previous

Return to HTC Desire Z