Samsung S5 no more rSAP after 6.0.1 update

BDeRyck

Samsung S5 no more rSAP after 6.0.1 update

Post by BDeRyck » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi, I have a Samsung S5 SM-G900F and a Audi A4 with MMI and Audiconnect. rSAPtechnology onboard the Samsung S5 was working fine for almost 2 years, untill I've upgrade to the latest android version 6.0.1. The update installed without problems. But later I noticed in my car my mobile is only connected as normal bluetooth phonedevice, and no longer as integrated bluetoothphone. I don't have all the extra options like Google earh, 3g etc anymore... So I retried to reconnect my phone, but it fails...
So I've contacted Samsung support, and they could not help, they basicly adviced me to root my device, and try rSAP. Because there is no way back to the previous Android version...
So I'm trying rSAP. Root is already okay.
Install rSAP says at the checkparagraph "ResultCode is not "OK" when trying to connect to SIM.
So the trial version v3.0.2 says state Ready, and the car connects, but then disconnects again.
Could someone please help?
Kind regards,

Benny

forty-two

Re: Samsung S5 no more rSAP after 6.0.1 update

Post by forty-two » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 pm

I am having a similar problem with my Note 4. This worked like a charm until the upgrade (which I didn't even agree to!) to 6.0.1 was applied.

Since then, RSAP connects ok, and remains connected just fine as long as I don't make or receive any calls. I can leave it connected just fine for hours at a time, or play music via HDAP, WiFi works and everything, but when I make or receive a call, odd things happen!

After a random period of being on the phone, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 2 minutes, 4 minutes, 8 minutes, 16 minutes, 32 minutes, 64 minutes (I can't be sure that these times are correct, but it does seem to be these sorts of numbers of minutes), the call dies, the car reports that the phone has no signal briefly, before saying that no phone is connected.

When I try to re-connect, it fails.

If I go to the phone, I sometimes find it's rebooted itself, other times it hasn't.

Unlocking the phone sometimes allows me to then re-connect, other times I have to manually restart the phone in order to be able to reconnect from the car.

Sometimes, after I unlock the phone and go to bluetooth, the phone still thinks it is connected to the car for many minutes. Sometimes killing bluetooth for a minute before turning it back on, will allow me to connect from the car.

The network sent me a "new" phone which was preloaded wth 6.0.1, and the problem is exactly the same.

HELP!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:58 am

BDeRyck wrote:Hi, I have a Samsung S5 SM-G900F and a Audi A4 with MMI and Audiconnect.
Something seems to have happened with the Android 6 update, only I don’t exactly understand the details...
You may send me a HCI log (http://www.android-rsap.com/41-support/ ... i-log.html) so I can check if rSAP completely vanished or if a communication error causes the trouble. Is it a dual SIM phone?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:00 am

forty-two wrote:I am having a similar problem with my Note 4.
Of course you may also mail me a HCI log, but one is enough :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:07 pm

Please check this: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1715

Post comments for the test version in the download thread.

Return to “Other Samsung Phones”