It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

HTC One V & Audi A7 MMI

HTC One V & Audi A7 MMI

Post by Pozza » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:41 pm

I have succesfully rooted my phone and installed rSAP Profile to phone. But when I connect to the car the only options displayed are Handsfree and Audio Player - No Car Phone (SIM access profile in Audi terms). To make matters worse the phonebook access doesn't work. It starts and stops after a short while. No entries are transferred. I have managed to get Car Phone access with my wife's Samsung Galaxy SII which presumably has rSAP as standard.

I dont know how to attach the log files.

Re: HTC One V & Audi A7 MMI

Post by admin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:37 am

The older HTCs (before Android 4 - some even with 4) use a different Bluetooth stack where it is not possible to define the rSAP service in a way that Audis (and Porsches) recognize it. The only solution is to switch to a AOSP based ROM like CyanogenMod.

Post by Pozza » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:38 pm

I wish that I had known that before getting my company to buy the HTC. Is there any general troubleshooting advice on this forum? However, in the spirit of this new Android world in which i find myself, I will try your suggestion. I guess that once the phone is rooted the warranty is already void.
In regard to the phonebook access, I did buy your Phonebook app. I denied access when prompted while pairing the Handsfree profile, (again), and at least I have phonebook access again. :)

Post by admin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:32 pm

I try to list all possible problems on the compatibility page (http://www.android-rsap.com/compatibility.html), but it's not easy to keep it up to date. E.g. newer HTC phones don't have the proprietary Bluetooth stack and work better. Now Android 4.2 comes along with a whole new Bluetooth stack that causes the same problems with Audis! Bluetooth will stay a challenge with Android, but at least it is possible to fix many problems...

For a One V CyanogenMod will improve Bluetooth compatibility, for rSAP as well as for phonebook.

Post by Pozza » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 am

I understand. Are you able to point me in the direction of a download source for a cyanogenmod for my One V? I can't find it listed on http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/index.php?title=Devices. Should I be searching elsewhere? I'll go for stability over bleeding edge every time.

Post by admin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:59 am

Oh, it seems there is no stable CyanogenMod for the One V... There are some inofficial builds which you may try, but I wouldn't recommend them to "first time flasher".

If you still like to try I'd suggest one of these (for some reasons I cannot post links, so remove the space...):
http: //forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1948770
http: //forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1757323

Be aware that I could not test them myself. It's just they look most promising...

Post by Pozza » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

After a few aborted attempts, I have managed to flash a Cyanogenmod JellyBean 4.1 ROM that seems to work. I will test for a week or so and send an update. But for those brave, (read desperate), souls who can't wait, this is what worked for me.

Kernel: boot-hellboy-cm10-201302142348.img
ROM: cm_primou-ota-Lloir.zip

I won't try to explain the process. Others do it better than me on the xda develepors site http://www.xda-developers.com/

Post by Pozza » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Just an update as promised. I did have to load the Bluetooth Phonebook app to get directory listings , but I have no problems to report. All working fine.

Post by bahnstormer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:49 pm

admin wrote:The older HTCs (before Android 4 - some even with 4) use a different Bluetooth stack where it is not possible to define the rSAP service in a way that Audis (and Porsches) recognize it. The only solution is to switch to a AOSP based ROM like CyanogenMod.

Is there a chance that this is the problem I'm having with my HOX+, given it is on Android 4.1.1 (Android Revolutoin HD, rooted).

Thanks!
BahnStormer
Car: Audi A6 TFSI @ 375bhp, MY12, MMI touch, BT High.
Primary: LG G5 H850 stock MM6.0.1.
Projects: SGS2(GT-i9100 on CM13) + lots of Nexus7's with various builds.
eBay soon: SGS5 Prime (SM-906K), SGS4 (GTi9505), SGS4 Active (GT-i9525).

Post by admin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:16 pm

I don't think it is the old Bluetooth stack with Android 4.1, but it would explain your problems. Sometimes custom ROMs have general Bluetooth problems. Can you test with a rooted stock ROM? Or with CyanogenMod?

The final problem may be that rSAP will probably not work better with the One X+ than with your Nexus 4, if you finally manage to get it connected. Both only support basic GSM mode, which is good enough for most car phones, but Audis don't seem to work very well with GSM mode.

Return to HTC One V