Phonebook in MFD but not in RNS display

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
Chucky

Re: Phonebook in MFD but not in RNS display

Post by Chucky » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Yeah I will root my phone, just waiting for an update to this ( http://www.wugfresh.com/ ) to 1.6.3 as then it includes Android 4.2.2

Once that is done I can post the log for my phone, but unfortunately my friend doesnt want me to root his SGS2 (and I can't blame him as I don't trust myself either), so all I will be able to give you is the log for my phone.

But will post back in a few days if I have any luck.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:41 pm

After your phone is rooted please create a HCI log with my HCI Logger app. Start the log before powering on the car, force a phonebook sync (if possible) and stop the log after powering off the car. Even better would be to log a fresh pairing. Send me the log via email.

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:46 am

With your phonebook app, should I be allowing the car to pull the contacts from the phone, or should I deny it access (this is the paid for version, not the free version). Additionally do i tick the do not ask me again option.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am

Since it does not work anyway this does not really care. I'd first like to understand what profile is actually used.

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Hey thanks for everything.

It ended up doing my head in, So I sold my Nexus 4 and went back to an iPhone 5. Let me stress I will miss Android, but something about Nexus and my car just don't seem to gel.

FYI I had a 2009 VW Golf GTI Pirelli (some say 2008), with an RNS510 ~ No nexus device worked properly with it
My mate has a 2012 VW Golf GTI, with the stock standard RNS310 ~ My nexus 4 works perfectly with his (so he bought it off me)

All in all a win win situation.

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”