It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Unstable connection since last update of installer

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire S

Unstable connection since last update of installer

Post by Vampyre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi,

I currently experience an unstable connection with my Desire S to my VW Premium starting with the provided update of the installer tool via the play store. Sometimes it completely fails to connect, sometimes it connects then loses the connection and recovers after some time, but in any case a connection is established it takes a lot more time then before during the last months when it was working perfectly.
Any ideas?
CU,
Vampyre

Re: Unstable connection since last update of installer

Post by admin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Hm... I did not change the "native" HTC system files for over a year. Something else must have happened.

Post by Vampyre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Hmm, strange. Some ideas which I cannot prove but maybe you know more about:
1. When installing system files runtime priority changes due to other system files installed in the meantime, like in a queue and newly installed files get to the end of it.
2. How is RSAP loaded, i.e. do you use e.g. the "intent-mechanism" of Android? Or is it if a memory hungry app forces Android to kill the RSAP app it is dead until it is manually restarted?
3. SMS-plugin was installed, too, maybe it introduced some delays or similar messing with the connection establishment?
TIA for your help.
CU,
Vampyre

Post by admin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:56 pm

1. I don't understand what you mean. Do you have other tweaks in your system partition?

2. The service is started like any service in Android. Sometimes the service gets killed by Android for unknown reason and is automatically restarted a few seconds later. Only when something fails in socket creation (often happening with Android 4.2) you are left without an active rSAP service. You may check in the Android app settings if the app and the service are still running.

3. Maybe. The SMS plugin may have bugs that kill rSAP. I know there are bugs when adding/removing a plugin while a connection is active. Since this is normally not hapening I did not yet fix them. Perhaps that is the reason.

Post by The_Spike » Mon May 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Vampyre wrote:Hi,
I currently experience an unstable connection with my Desire S to my VW Premium starting with the provided update of the installer tool via the play store. Sometimes it completely fails to connect, sometimes it connects then loses the connection and recovers after some time, but in any case a connection is established it takes a lot more time then before during the last months when it was working perfectly.
Any ideas?
CU,
Vampyre

admin wrote:I did not change the "native" HTC system files for over a year.

Hello everybody,
I've just started to use this app, as soon as I bought my new car - VW Tiguan with Telephone Premium option.
I have got Desire S rooted with custom firmware - Android 4.0.4 HTC Sense 4.1
I installed this software and native files and it did not work out until I installed generic files (just to try).
Now it works perfectly.
With native files my phone was trying to connect and VW Premium was almost to connect but in a one minute the connection was failed and the phone could not get back SIM active until reboot. I thought it will not work and tryed to install generic files.
That is my experience.
P.S.: First time I downloaded the app from google play on 5-th May. I hope this information was helpful.

Now I have only one question. How to use Data Connection (3G internet)?
What should I expect from this optionality in my VW Premium?
On my dashboard I can see the signs Bluetooth Premium, 3G but I can not see the sign Data Transfering.
Also I found in menu settings for Access Point !? Is that for 3G sharing through out wi-fi ?

Thanks a lot fot the app. And thanks in advance for an answer.

regards.

Post by admin » Mon May 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Hmm... I always thought the Desire S should work with the "native" files. Perhaps it's your SIM card or perhaps it is your ROM? Anyway, it's good that you had an alternative.

The UMTS modem in the Premium phone is only accessible via Bluetooth, sadly not WiFi. I once made a plugin for my rSAP app that connected automatically, but this needs a special Linux kernel module. You may use the BlueVPN app. You'll have Internet connection on your Android phone when you use the UMTS modem, but it's only "second class". E.g. automatic sync does not work, but Google Maps works!

Post by big-okieh » Sat May 25, 2013 12:12 pm

If you will use the DUN plugin It is also important to note that you will have to decide: either you connect phone+media player with your VW RNS or you connect phone+data with your VW

It seems that the RNS can't handle both at the same time... At least that is my experience. :(

Post by admin » Sun May 26, 2013 10:34 am

That's correct. Either Internet or music with the VW Premium phone :(

Post by The_Spike » Wed May 29, 2013 12:29 pm

big-okieh wrote:you will have to decide: either you connect phone+media player with your VW RNS or you connect phone+data with your VW

admin wrote:That's correct. Either Internet or music with the VW Premium phone

hi guys,
are you talking about media player via bluetooth from phone or media player via MEDIA-IN from USB (SD-card) ??

Post by admin » Thu May 30, 2013 10:01 am

Only Bluetooth audio is affected. Maybe the bandwidth is not sufficient for both modem and audio?

Next

Return to HTC Desire S