rSAP installation Tool doesn't work for me

Discussions about rSAP installation
cnow

rSAP installation Tool doesn't work for me

Post by cnow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Hello,
I use your rSAP app on my DHD since a while now and I'm very happy that you got rSAP working!
Short time ago I updated to a new ROM version (LeeDroid 3.2.0) and I thought instead of flashing the rSAP-files, I'd rather use your installation tool from the market.
So I installed the app and pressed "install system files". (other options were greyed out) After this the app showed me the option to "uninstall system files" - ok. But if I start the rSAP app it says something like "...is this a HTC phone?" and after the next reboot I had no network signal reception any more. I used my file manager to navigate to system/lib. There was a file called "libhtc_ril.orig.so" but no "libhtc_ril.so". As I understood from the zip-file you rename the original libhtc_ril.so file and add a new (smaller) libhtc_ril.so. The last step doesn't seem to work in my case.
Any idea for a solution?
best regards,
cnow

admin
Site Admin

Re: rSAP installation Tool doesn't work for me

Post by admin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Sorry there was a bug in version 0.6 that caused this behaviour. You have two possibilities to fix that:

1. Use the old zip installer. This will add the missing file.

2. Enter the following in a shell ('adb shell' on PC or "Terminal Emulator" app on phone)

Code: Select all

grep " /system " /proc/mounts | awk '{print("mount -o rw,remount -t "$3" "$1" "$2)}' | sh
mv /system/lib/libhtc_ril.orig.so /system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

cnow

Post by cnow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks for your answer!
No problem at all. ;-) I already used the "old" method to install the system files. I just wanted to know if I did something wrong. Hopefully you'll find the bug. If the installation tool works I'll need one reboot less. ;-)
C U,
cnow

cnow

Post by cnow » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 am

Hello,
just want to give a short feedback.
Version 0.7 works but I need to reboot the phone. Prior the rSAP tool said "Socket connection failed" (or similar). I tried to turn on/off flight mode but this didn't help.
No worries I like the installation app and I can do the reboot while applying other goodies. ;-)
Good job and once again: Thank you for your work!
best regards,
cnow

Return to “Installation”