Mercedes SAP v2 - stock ROM

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire
iha

Mercedes SAP v2 - stock ROM

Post by iha » Thu May 12, 2011 9:09 am

Hi,
Is it possible to use a standard Desire with Android-version 2.2 (software number 2.29.405.5) Kernel: 2.6.32.15-gf5a401c with the rSAP application together with the Mercedes SAP V2?
/iha

admin
Site Admin

Re: Mercedes SAP v2 - stock ROM

Post by admin » Thu May 12, 2011 11:24 am

Hi,

I frankly don't know. I did not yet get much feedback from Mercedes owners, in fact only one.

Please check with the trial version. You may do a first test without installing the system files simply to see if the car finds your phone (I guess it does not find it currently?). If it does, then the Mercedes SAP is not affected by the SDP issue and you can install the system files and try if the whole initialization works and if you can make calls, etc.

And please publish the results here!

S211

Post by S211 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Hello rsap admin,

I would really like to use your stack & app with my HTC Desire (basic), but I am not receiving the "code request" from the headunit (Audio 20 CD), which is perfectly and simply working with an Benq Siemens SP65...so, what exactly could go wrong? Why does the HTC not receive the code-request from the SAP cradle V2? Installation was perfect, everything as expected, but the sim always remains in "normal mode"...

Thx in advance! S211.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:17 am

Did you already try to remove as much pairing info as possible from SAP V2 and Desire and do a fresh pairing?

As far as I remember the Desire Bluetooth stack sometimes has problems with the entry of the 16 digit Bluetooth PIN. Maybe you hit such a problem? You may create a recovery/Nandroid backup of your phone and try a CyanogenMod based ROM, maybe it works better. If it does maybe it's possible to backup/restore the Bluetooth pairing data from CyanogenMod to stock ROM with Titanium Backup? Although this is a quite strange way to pair a phone...

S211

Post by S211 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Hello admin,

thx for the fast respinse. The rom change is indiscusable for me, to complicated. rsap app was the "last chance", otherwise I will test an HFP cradle...maybe it works, I can borrow it for a test from a friend. The 16 digit "enter code" window is exactly what I am missing right now, it is NOT appearing anyhow...

"Did you already try to remove as much pairing info as possible from SAP V2 and Desire and do a fresh pairing?" means to unpair all known devices in the HTC? OK, I can do it but I do not know if there is any way to do such in the Audio 20 or the SAP cradle itself...I`ll check it out, thx.

S211.

S211

Post by S211 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:27 pm

...no chance, its not working. Ill try it with an HFP cradle.

S211.

Return to “HTC Desire”