Can not load phonebook

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire
Kimbie

Can not load phonebook

Post by Kimbie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:38 am

I have a Desire with Cyangen 7.1RC on it, but tried with earlier 7 versions. I have the phone paired to the VW Premium car kit, and I can manually dial a number and it works fine, however when I try to sync the phone book says it can not do it.

I have my contacts on my phone, I do not seem to get a prompt on my phone allowing phonebook access as mentioned in another thread.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this?

Thanks

Kimbie

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can not load phonebook

Post by admin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Can you please send me a HCI log to my e-mail (admin at ...)? Please start before trying to sync and stop after the error message so the log will not get too large. You'll find the log file on the SD card in folder ".rsap".

Thanks

Mr_Tall

Post by Mr_Tall » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 pm

I have the same problem:

Cyanogen 7.1
2006 VW Passat with Premium car kit.

Two things happen when I try to look at the phone book. The first time, it just sits there and the car display says "Loading phonebook. 0 entries". It never changes off this (I left it for about 20 minutes today). If I back out, and try to go to phone book again, it just says "unable to load phone book".

It then doesn't do the "Loading phonebook. 0 entries" thing again until I reset rSAP completely (by updating the version, or today it happened when I switched on logging).

I have the logs from the 20-minute attempt, but they are about 200KB. Would they be useful, or should I try to capture smaller logs?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 pm

I created a replacement for the /system/app/Bluetooth.apk that has debug output switched on. Please save original file and overwrite the existing file with the attached one. Then restart the phone. The file is created based on CyanogenMod 7 sources but should work on other AOSP ROMs and versions. It will not work on HTC ROMs.

To write the file you need a writable /system partition. When you have S-OFF you can achieve this with Stericson's "Remount" app, "adb remount" from PC or any other remount possibility. When you have S-ON you must copy the file with adb from PC while the phone is in recovery mode.

To create logs please use "aLogcat" app or (better) "adb logcat" from PC or "logcat" in a terminal on the phone.

If you need more explanation please tell me!
Attachments
Bluetooth.apk
Bluetooth.apk with debug output enabled
(377.16 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Mr_Tall

Post by Mr_Tall » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am

OK, done - email on its way.

Mr_Tall

Post by Mr_Tall » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Aha! Found a workaround.

Using Contact2Sim off the market, I've transferred all my contacts to the SIM card. The car then loads these up fine.

The free version works fine, but I bought the full version which allows me to change the names on the SIM card.

Return to “HTC Desire”