HTC Desire C no phone book on rsap

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire
Boxadog

HTC Desire C no phone book on rsap

Post by Boxadog » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Hi, I am connecting my HTC Desire C to a Porsche PCM system. I can make and receive calls using rsap but the phone book will not transfer to the car. There are valid entries in the SIM. If I disable SIM access in the PCM, the phone reconnects with the hands free profile and the phonebook from both the phone memory and the SIM card are transferred to the car. If I then switch SIM access back on, the Phonebook disappears.

I have tried the Bluetooth Phonebook app but this does not help.

Is there a fix please?

When I first paired my phone with the car I was not required to enter the SIM lock code yet it is definitely in rsap mode.

I am in the UK and the SIM card was supplied by Talkmobile.

admin
Site Admin

Re: HTC Desire C no phone book on rsap

Post by admin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 pm

The phonebook transfer takes a lot of time with the Porsche PCM, at least several minutes for the first time. Maybe it takes even longer when the SIM card has a large phonebook memory. Maybe it helps to disable SIM contacts if you don't need them.

Does my phonebook app show "last connected"? The PCM should support both profiles, PBAP and IrMC. Maybe it helps to disable one them?

Boxadog

Post by Boxadog » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Many thanks for your reply. Maybe I am impatient as I have only waited a few minutes. Although using the hands free only profile it takes less than 30 seconds as I don't really have a large list of contacts. However I will try again and let you know.

Boxadog

Post by Boxadog » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi, I tried again and waited around 15 minutes but no transfer of phonebook. Your Phonebook app does not show "last connected". I tried PBAP and IrMC separately as you suggested. I have emailed you log files from the rsap app and the Bluetooth Phonebook (trial) app.

Thanks once again.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't know what's wrong with your PCM. Usually it automatically pulls the phonebook from the car. Until recently I had problems with the call logs, but after an update of the PCM firmware even the call logs load without any problems.

The logs from my phonebook app were empty - no wonder when the car doesn't even connect. Please try to create a HCI log and mail it to me. I'm not sure if it works on your phone.

Boxadog

Post by Boxadog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi, HCI log worked ok which I have emailed.

PCM software version is 4.73. The call logs are also not displaying.

Thanks again.

Return to “HTC Desire”