Galaxy S6 Edge rSAP issues

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
davidman

Re: Galaxy S6 Edge rSAP issues

Post by davidman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Agreed Samsung natively supports RSAP, but they've broken it on my S6. My Audi A7 used to work with your app and a Sony Z2, and the LG G3 works without any modification. However, although S6 does connects as a 'car phone' as opposed to 'hand free', and all telephone features function correctly, when attempting to sync with google maps, or download audi connect data, then the car complains there is no data connection.

I will send the HCI logs. Thanks for your help.

PS. I also tried rooting, but your apps fails with the socket connection error, so I removed root.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:14 pm

rSAP communication looks good, although I do not understand all the details which are necessary to establish a data connection. Obviously something must go wrong. Maybe it's a setting in the car? Or maybe you have a different SIM card than with your previos phones, which does not allow a data connection the way your car wants it? Did you try to directly plug the SIM card into the car?

craigyb

Post by craigyb » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:54 pm

I can confirm that all the galaxy S series phones 1, 2, 3 and 4 all worked with rSAP straight out of the box with the exception of a short period when it was dropped from ICS release and then added back in again.

I cannot speak for the S5 or S6 as I have never owned or tested them.

geeaccord

Post by geeaccord » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:29 am

Have anyone figure out how to get the Edge to work in the car?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:24 am

Millions have ;)

Seriously: what car do you have and what exactly is your problem? Can you pair the phone? Can you make phone calls? Does the phonebook transfer?

geeaccord

Post by geeaccord » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:44 am

I have an Audi RS5 and yes I can pair the phone/phone bbook and the proble is not able to used the cell sim for network for the car. As you can see from above the error I get when trying to used the software.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Are you sure your Audi has the proper phone option? This is called "car phone" or "Audi connect" or "Bluetooth high" (or whatever Audi marketing made up in that year...). You can be sure you have the proper option when you have a SIM slot somewhere in the dashboard. If not, your car most probably does not support rSAP! In case of doubt ask your Audi dealer.

I guess your car does not support rSAP. If it would, your Galaxy S6 would happily connect in rSAP mode without my app!

geeaccord

Post by geeaccord » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Yes my Audi have Audi connect and sim card with T-Mobile that sucks real bad and that why I was trying to go this way.

flavour

Post by flavour » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi there,
I can confirm that an Samsung S5 works without app with full rSAP on my Audi A6.
I recently moved the same SIM into my new S6 Duos and ... only headset mode :(
Unfortunately I cannot yet try your app on the Duos since I first have to find a suitable rooting option. But from some other posts I understood that for the Duos versions it might anyway not work even with the app?
Thanks anyway, Flav

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:13 pm

As far as I understand the S6 runs in 64 bit mode, which is not supported by my app. I don't see much sense to support it because so far I still think the Samsung rSAP is not worse than my app.

Dual SIM Samsung phones are another challenge. They are usually causing lots of troubles with rSAP, maybe that's still true for the S6 Duos :roll:

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S6 G920/G925”