Galaxy Nexus I9250 - rSAP-APP necessary?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
hph

Re: Galaxy Nexus I9250 - rSAP-APP necessary?

Post by hph » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 am

Yes, I tried reboot, installed/ uninstalled a couple of times...

The last time I did it the following way:

- Firmware update 4.3 factory image
- rooted
- installed phonebook-App
- installed Installation-App
- update system files
- uninstalled Installation-App
- installed rSAP-App

"bluetooth error"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:44 pm

I just tried that yesterday and had no problems. Does Bluetooth work at all? Can you pair with the car or a PC?

hph

Post by hph » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Yes bluetooth works, I can pair with the car. I have the phonebook as well, but sometimes when it connects it does not load the contacts - none of them. So I have to actualise the phonebook in the vw premium an it starts to load.
What I am not sure is, if it loads all the contacts. I have to pass through them one by one, but before I made the flash and the unlock I had more contacts - perhaps there are some configurations I have to change, but I will check the next time I can.

I have 279 contacts with phonenumbers - car suddenly just loads 235 contacts. Before flashing to 4.3 with the phonebook-App all contacts were loaded... any idea?

Might it has to do something with the bootloader unlocked - I still have it unlocked, should it be locked again?

So concerning the rSAP - "bluetooth error" , "not connected"... should this be automatically when the GN connects to the car?

Perhaps you could discribe me the steps of installation for the rSAP-App...

regards

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:29 am

The bootloader unlock surely does not change the phonebook transfer. But Google recently changed something with the visibility of contacts, that's why I added the two options "has phone number" and "visible only". Switch off "visible only" and you should get all contacts. Usually it doesn't care if the transfer fails once. The Premium phone stores the last list.

You cannot lock the bootloader if you have root. You most probably need to flash a stock system image before you can relock the bootloader. You will lose all data when locking, the same as when unlocking.

From your description you did everything right when installing rSAP. Usually it is a no-brainer: install it and forget it. Everything is done automatically. Also don't switch off Bluetooth if you are concerned about power consumption. I guess switching on the display for a few seconds consumes more power than Bluetooth does in a whole day. Switching Bluetooth on/off may cause problems on some phones, although the GN should not be affected.

hph

Post by hph » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 pm

Ok thanks for your explaination, the problem with the contacts seemed to be because of the visibility of groups - you were right!
I don't know what I did, and I just can guess how I did it, but suddenly I have premium connection in my car :-))))) I just bootet my phone once again (as many times before) and just for trying I startet the rSAP-App Trial before my phone was connected to the car - first no connection from it self, but than I started manual connection via the cars board computer - and suddenly it was done... I bought your App and perfect connection (at least for today).

Now I will check the DUN - any problems/ troubles to be aware of?
My kernel-Version is: 3.0.72-gfb3c9ac
was built with 4.3, factory image as you recommended. Do you think it will work?

thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:14 pm

The DUN plugin does no longer work with Android >= 4.2 on the GN. You'll have to use the BlueVPN app.

hph

Post by hph » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:10 am

Thx a lot for your help! I am in contact with the autor!

regards!

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”