HTC Hero & rSAP - mercedes car kit

Post here for unlisted phone models
Bunter

HTC Hero & rSAP - mercedes car kit

Post by Bunter » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi, wondered if you could help me.....

I have a rooted HTC Hero and want to connect to a Mercedes Comand system. The standard Hero bluetooth will connect to the car kit, however this then disconnects and reconnects every few seconds (the connection status on the phone is 'paired but not connected'). This happens with all Android 2.1 roms that I have tried (all of these roms that I have tried contain the library libhtc_ril.so). I wanted if possible to stick with a 2.1 sense rom as the 2.2 & 2.3 ones available are quite laggy in my opinion. I have tried Android rSAP and the Hero rejects flashing the first system file install, but accepts the second amended one. After this and installing the app I get the superuser message and then:

Bluetooth State - Not Connected, SDP record fix failed
SIM State - Normal phone operation

The connection to the car kit is still intermittent after the rSAP install and I wondered if it could cure the persistent dropping of the bluetooth connection.

Has anyone managed to get a Hero with 2.1 working with a mercedes comand system?

Thanks, any advice much appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Re: HTC Hero & rSAP - mercedes car kit

Post by admin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't think installing rSAP may fix basic Bluetooth connection problems because it is running on top of the layers that probably cause your problems. Sorry.

Return to “Unlisted Phones”