Support for Galaxy S4

Place feature requests here
daschatten

Support for Galaxy S4

Post by daschatten » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 am

Hi,

it would nice to get support for the S4. I know, stock firmware should support rsap out of the box, but it doesn't work for me. My Skoda with Columbus (2008) disconnects the phone after a few seconds.

For various reasons i decided to switch to Cyanogenmod and i was surprised that i can't install this app. On my Galaxy S i used this for a long time and i loved it :-)

So please add support for the S4!

Thank you,
Flo

daschatten

Re: Support for Galaxy S4

Post by daschatten » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi,

yesterday i realized that it's possible to install the trial version on my S4 with cyanogenmod. It works and does not disconnect after a few seconds like the stock version. Finally it disconnects after trial timeout (10 minutes).

It looks like that it should not be a big problem to get the standard app installing on the S4 via market.

Would nice to get this :-)

Thank you in advance!

Flo

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:36 pm

After all this time I finally installed CyanogenMod on my i9505, and you are right: it works! I'll unblock the app for the i9505 in Google Play Store and hope, that not too many will buy the app with a stock ROM and then complain ;)

If you already have the apk on another phone, simply copy it to your S4. If you use the same Google account than before, there should be no problem.

daschatten

Post by daschatten » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Now it is installed and i can use my phone in the car again. No problems so far.

Thank you for your fast response :-) !

Return to “Feature Requests”